Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
⇧ Wonderful. And there's the yellow windowpane vest again. The overcoat could have come right out of your "Esquire" thread.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Indeed, the windowpane vest is ever present and there must be a subliminal message in that, but in the illustration above the tweed suit coat and that magnificent overcoat are the stars that will engage our imaginations and, might I say, put a twinkle in our eyes? :icon_scratch:

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
LOL. The only time I can recall bystanders watching as myself and others walked away from an airframe in the middle of a field of green, the airframe was a UH-1 heliocopter that had lost power and had to auto-rotate to the ground, The field was a Missouri corn field, not a grass landing strip; the bystander(s) were overweight farmers wearing Bib-overhauls and leaning on their pick-ups, not stylishly dressed attractive women; and the conversation was "you boys look like you could use a ride," and not "hey good looking, what ya got cooking!" But then, I wasn't wearing a Kuppenheimer suit, but rather a contractor produced OD flight suit! :crazy:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
⇧ Wonderful. And there's the yellow windowpane vest again. The overcoat could have come right out of your "Esquire" thread.
^^
Indeed, the windowpane vest is ever present and there must be a subliminal message in that, but in the illustration above the tweed suit coat and that magnificent overcoat are the stars that will engage our imaginations and, might I say, put a twinkle in our eyes? :icon_scratch:
Forgot to mention that the ad was attributed to HSM.

Kuppenheimer retained a reputation for quality throughout my youth.

LOL. The only time I can recall bystanders watching as myself and others walked away from an airframe in the middle of a field of green, the airframe was a UH-1 heliocopter that had lost power and had to auto-rotate to the ground, The field was a Missouri corn field, not a grass landing strip; the bystander(s) were overweight farmers wearing Bib-overhauls and leaning on their pick-ups, not stylishly dressed attractive women; and the conversation was "you boys look like you could use a ride," and not "hey good looking, what ya got cooking!" But then, I wasn't wearing a Kuppenheimer suit, but rather a contractor produced OD flight suit! :crazy:
Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing! :beer:

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
⇧ The print is too small, where do I order his raglan overcoat from?
Indeed, what appears to be a windowpane overlay on the great coat certainly does add to it's obvious appeal! As to the Herringbone weave suit coat, I used to have an HSM sport coat that looked very similar, but alas, I think it was lost a few years back, during the 'Great Purge' for us to fit into smaller digs!

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts