eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
⇧ I can get the odd button put on or lose seam tightened, but that't it. But, to be fair to super girlfriend, that's the extent of her sewing skills, so she's not saying no, she just doesn't have the skill.

In my next life, maybe I'll just have to limit my dating to women with a full slate of tailoring skills. :)
Well to be honest, I just got lucky and fell into the sewing skills. When I saw her working a cash register at the Base Commissary and first asked the future Mrs Eagle out, it was purely because I thought she looked hot! ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Well to be honest, I just got lucky and fell into the sewing skills. When I saw her working a cash register at the Base Commissary and first asked the future Mrs Eagle out, it was purely because I thought she looked hot! ;)
There is no young man of sound mind and body anywhere who would prioritize otherwise.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
107943bac75d367d5d0cbef0ccfe5016.jpg

Hard to believe people once dressed for a picnic that way. Love the bottle opener on the side of the cooler. I don't know, but I bet a cooler like that in good condition is a sought after collectable today.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
With one of those patterns, I wonder if she might be able to pop out a man's suit or two?
Hmmm.
My wife...took a couple of tailoring classes as part of her course work. I've yet to convince her to do any work for me.
Hmmmm.
In my next life, maybe I'll just have to limit my dating to women with a full slate of tailoring skills. :)
Hmmmm.

Curious. Have you three ever considererd getting off your chauvinistic butt ends, picking up a needle and...(why do I bother with this?) Never mind.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Hmmm.
Hmmmm.Hmmmm.

Curious. Have you three ever considererd getting off your chauvinistic butt ends, picking up a needle and...(why do I bother with this?) Never mind.
I assume your are kidding as, otherwise, I don't understand your post. I don't sew because I don't want to make the effort or devote the time to it and I'm willing to pay a tailor to sew for me. I also have no expectations that my girlfriend should sew nor do I expect her do any of what had once been considered traditional woman household things.

We share the household responsibilities, but since she has some sewing skills and I none - she does some simple sewing tasks for me, just as I tend to do most of our folding and steaming as I am better at those things.

When we met, I told my girlfriend, from day one, I expect nothing more than that we share domestic responsibilities relatively evenly - she wholeheartedly agreed then and to this day with that approach to our relationship. That said, there is nothing chauvinistic if someone wants a partner based on the domestic skills they have as long they are open and honest with that partner as to their expectations and the partner agrees.

I couldn't care less about the domestic stuff - beyond us sharing it reasonably fairly - as I did all the household chores growing up and lived by myself for years before I met my now girlfriend of 23 years. But I have friends who wanted a wife that could cook or a man that could earn a living, etc., as that is the type of relationship they wanted.

To my post, I hoped it was seen as the the tongue-in-cheek spirit I intended, but even it taken seriously, I see nothing wrong with wanting traditional traits in a partner, again, as long as one is honest and transparent upfront about those desires.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
I assume your are kidding as, otherwise, I don't understand your post. I don't sew because I don't want to make the effort or devote the time to it and I'm willing to pay a tailor to sew for me. I also have no expectations that my girlfriend should sew nor do I expect her do any of what had once been considered traditional woman household things.

We share the household responsibilities, but since she has some sewing skills and I none - she does some simple sewing tasks for me, just as I tend to do most of our folding and steaming as I am better at those things.

When we met, I told my girlfriend, from day one, I expect nothing more than that we share domestic responsibilities relatively evenly - she wholeheartedly agreed then and to this day with that approach to our relationship. That said, there is nothing chauvinistic if someone wants a partner based on the domestic skills they have as long they are open and honest with that partner as to their expectations and the partner agrees.

I couldn't care less about the domestic stuff - beyond us sharing it reasonably fairly - as I did all the household chores growing up and lived by myself for years before I met my now girlfriend of 23 years. But I have friends who wanted a wife that could cook or a man that could earn a living, etc., as that is the type of relationship they wanted.

To my post, I hoped it was seen as the the tongue-in-cheek spirit I intended, but even it taken seriously, I see nothing wrong with wanting traditional traits in a partner, again, as long as one is honest and transparent upfront about those desires.
I am coining a new phrase. It's over responding. What you just did. My post comes from a fleeting consternation over how, on a clothing forum, so few actually dig into the mechanics of how putting pieces of cloth together forms something wearable and then actually with their hands, good light and a smattering of easily obtainable tools, delve into bits and pieces of it.

Your post has me prying into your domestic life, while your first line is more correct, that I am kidding maybe, yes, that's mainly what I do here. In deep truth I don't give a rat's ass if someone besides me tailors their own stuff, but It would be decent to have another to converse with.

You're one of my favorite posters here. The thought you put into your stuff as well as the written presentation of it is unparalleled, but this line from your post...

I don't sew hecause I don't want to make the effort.

...sadly pulls your Peak and Pine star rating to four and seven-eighths, down from the much coveted five.

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
11983c2fe4e05aafd27fae5e031fc3c5.jpg

⇧ Sure it's a pic not illustration, but couldn't pass up sharing it.

And just to respect the thread:
7e5c288b3bf4695e34ef5d3c48656232.jpg

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts