eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
The combination of a zipper and the belt in the coat in FF's illustration is unusual, but I like the jacket. I still have a Woolrich Mackinaw jacket hanging in my closet. Given the infrequency with which I get to wear it in our present location, it could be ready for service...almost forever! ;)

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Paraphrasing Mary Hopkin's classic lyrics, "Those were the days, my friend, when "Blizzard" winter coats were made to last and our cars had tail fins!" ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
^^
Paraphrasing Mary Hopkin's classic lyrics, "Those were the days, my friend, when "Blizzard" winter coats were made to last and our cars had tail fins!" ;)
My real-world experience only goes back to the '70s and I only really started buying good clothes in the '80s, but Blizzard is a name I never saw or heard of 'till recently when I stumbled upon it via these ads.

Burberry, London Fog, Aquascutum (a name that does not spell itself), Mackintosh and Austin Reed are the adult men's raincoat brands I remember form the "old" days.

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Three sartorial musketeers dressed to the nines. But I must ask, were ties ever really that thin? :icon_scratch:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
^^
Three sartorial musketeers dressed to the nines. But I must ask, were ties ever really that thin? :icon_scratch:
I've seen them both in movies/pics from that era and in thrift stores (years ago when I still did that).

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts