papertiger26

I have the buttons. I was just wondering what a reasonable charge would be for replacing them. One tailor near by said a $1 a button, which I thought was crazy. I may try the DIY approach, but would still like to know a fair value.

46L

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Seriously? If you think $1 a button is too much you really should bone up on your sewing skills.

CuffDaddy

Connoisseur
<$1 button is a bargain. Do one youself, see how long it takes you and how satisfied with the result you are, then you can decide how much you're willing to pay someone else to relieve you of the task.

a tailor

Honors Member
learn from alexanders tutorial. once you learn, its yours for life.
get yourself a thimble [with a hole in the top], apackage of needles, and a spool of thread.
you now have a lifetime supply of equipment.

knezz

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
learn from alexanders tutorial. once you learn, its yours for life.
get yourself a thimble [with a hole in the top], apackage of needles, and a spool of thread.
you now have a lifetime supply of equipment.
Thimble... who need a thimble. In the tutorial they used no thimble.:icon_smile_wink:

I've sewn on buttons without a thimble multiple times.

Oh! I forgot... I drew blood multiple times.;)

Matt S

Connoisseur
United States
NY
New York
I have the buttons. I was just wondering what a reasonable charge would be for replacing them. One tailor near by said a $1 a button, which I thought was crazy. I may try the DIY approach, but would still like to know a fair value.
$1 a button is a pretty good price. I believe my dry cleaner charges $3.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts