Costco Kirkland Wool Slacks

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by JLibourel, Aug 6, 2006.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Honors Member and King Fop

United States
    California
    Long Beach
    My wife hauled me off to Costco this morning for shopping, and I was pleased to see that they had a new shipment of their Kirkland-brand Italian-made wool slacks. Frankly, for value for money in odd slacks, I don't know what can beat them. The price has inched up in the past few years from $40 to $45 to $47. I think these slacks stand comparison with many that I have seen on sale or discount for $120 or so. I previously had five pairs, two in dark tan, two in navy, one in dark gray. This morning I added two pairs in a medium gray nailhead (I think that's how you would describe the fabric) that should look good with almost every blazer and sport coat I own.

Anybody else have experience with or opinions pro or con on these slacks? As I recall, Andy has spoken approvingly of them.

It will surprise no one on this forum, I am sure, if I mention that among the male shoppers there this Sunday morning I was the only one wearing an ascot.

2. constantmystery

constantmystery Active Member with Corp. Privileges

attention all ascot wearing costco shoppers!

According to a recent piece on TV last week, the average income of Costlco shoppers is in excess of $72,000.! Still, there's no conncection between money and breeding, but at least I'll recognize you when I'm in there shopping and buying my $4.99 rotisserie chicken!

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Honors Member

We just renewed our membership...may have to take a look...

You might be a Dandy if you wear an ascot to Costco. LOL.

4. Andy

Andy Site Creator/Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Palm Desert
    Admin Post
    JLibourel:

Good timing, Jan. I took a pair of the Kirkland Italian Wool trousers on my trip this weekend to Vail. I've had them for a while now (but less than two years) and noticed that the crotch area is starting to wear some. (Can't be that I'm overweight, must be a fabric defect!!).

They travel well and drape great. I was wearing a pair when I got measured for my Mytailor.com suit and Joe said the waist fastening "system" was very similar to high end Italian trousers.

And constantmystery: how do you keep from digging into the Costco rotisserie chicken at the first stoplight on the way home? :icon_smile_wink:

Plus we didn't mention the gas prices nor the % money back with the Costco American Express!! Does this sound like a commercial? :icon_smile_big:

5. constantmystery

constantmystery:]how do you keep from digging into the Costco rotisserie chicken at the first stoplight on the way home? :

Well, I found it's not easy to drive, talk on the cel phone, and open the rotisserie chicken SIMULTANEOUSLY... so what I do now is just remove my mauve doeskin gloves (that coordinate with my morning swallowtail semi formal, don't cha' know) and strap the plastic container to my bib front ...ala britany spears!

6. Andy

Andy Site Creator/Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Palm Desert
    Admin Post
    But not with your baby in the car :eek: !!

7. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior Member

From the positive reviews here, I've been looking forward to the day when the local Costco stocks the said pants. No luck yet. Agree with Andy and Constantmystery that the price for the rotisserie chicken is too good to pass up, and the cheaper gas is a bonus.

I also think that one of the reason the "average income of Costco shoppers is $72,000" is that these are smart people who bargain hunt, kinda like most of the AAAC forumites.

8. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Honors Member

All the Costco garments my wife and I've gotten have be bargins and of a much higher quality than the price would imply.

9. constantmystery

The button down dress shirts of two ply cotton 120's @$14.95 were a steal! (still I cut the labels out...but then again, I do that with all dress shirts)

10. pt4u67

pt4u67 Honors Member

Ahhhhhh Costco. The only place I know where I can get a six pack of underwear, 2 lbs. of smoked turkey, toilet paper, wool slacks and a bottle of Louis XIII all in the same shopping run.