Cubavera Linen Pants

mcqueen007

Starting Member

efdll

United States
Florida
Wewahitchka
I don't know how an American overseas dresses. Do you mean an American wearing Italian clothes? That's the way a lot of Americans Stateside dress, and if that's your look, I'd say, buy your clothes in Italy and wear them here. However, a lot of Europeans like to dress American; they consider it a more fashion forward look than their own styles. And that would mean what men in the Trad Forum here wear. These pants are not that. Cubavera is an American company that affects a faux-Cuban look -- Cuban men never dressed like that. But it has its fans. I'd say you have to wear their duds with a certain irony to pull it off; you're going to look like a guy who hangs at the dog track. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're after. It's a matter of personal taste.

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Palm Desert
mcqueen007:

They are good trousers at a very reasonable price. I live in Southern California, but linen is just for the summer months.

Are you going to the Pitti Men's Fashion show in Florance? I'll be there, but trying to dress like an Italian!!

mcqueen007

Starting Member
Sir,

No, couldn't make it. Tough schedule this year. Thank you for your input on the trousers - I was hoping someone was familiar with them.

efdll, thank you for your opinion, also! Great to know about the style.

When I say American in Europe, I mean a lot of guys here wear cargo shorts with t-shirts (picture a rock band tee or an American Eagle t-shirt) with jeans a size too big (baggy) and flip flops.

I'm a chinos and chukkas kind of guy. Polo shirt or button-up. Or jeans (501s).

mcqueen007

Starting Member
Saw some great inputs on a related/similar thread about linen pants (a suit separate). Would a roomier drawstring pant like this one look silly with a tight-fitted polo shirt? I'd wear a light cotton square cut OCBD and cuff the sleeves (if I had one), as well.