Dark brown blazer.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
The other day, went up into the attic to find two sport coats had purchased sometime early this year and completely forgot about. One of these is a wonderful dark brown blazer (as has antique brass buttons) made by Botany 500 (same brand, pattern, and weave as my light brown blazer). Though looking at it, such a rich brown, not sure what pants to pair with.

@Flanderian in another thread had this to say:

If you get a dark chocolate brown jacket with lighter brown pants, particularly if there are harmonious intermixed shades in each, with enough textural contrast, it can look pretty good.

So here it is, pants on the left and blazer on the right.

By the way, anyone know the name of this weave or even the fabric? Both of them the labels were cut off. They don't feel like wool and wear cool, especially being a breathable weave.

Could see a tan khaki color, though what else?

Thank y'all in advance. :D

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
Agreed. Perhaps a lighter pair of trousers or a substantially darker pair.
A very dark chocolate trouser would do well - pulling out the dark brown specks in the jacket. 20 years ago (or so - time flies) I had a similar jacket and it did best with very dark brown pants.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Agreed. Perhaps a lighter pair of trousers or a substantially darker pair.
What I was thinking too, thus my question. Trouble is finding charcoal brown pants or fabric. If was rich, walk into a tailor with that coat and find one or two which suit.

A very dark chocolate trouser would do well - pulling out the dark brown specks in the jacket. 20 years ago (or so - time flies) I had a similar jacket and it did best with very dark brown pants.
Specks are actually shadow.

Exactly, needs to be almost black. Brown anything is so hard to find, don't understand why, looks great on Autumns.

Reminds me of that 90’s rap song, “Doo Doo Brown”.
I am sorry you have been traumatized by rap, hopefully soon will die out especially because of its degradation and objectification of women.

Audi S5 TC

Advanced Member
The Lofts Apartments
United States
New York
Farmingdale
What I was thinking too, thus my question. Trouble is finding charcoal brown pants or fabric. If was rich, walk into a tailor with that coat and find one or two which suit.

Specks are actually shadow.

Exactly, needs to be almost black. Brown anything is so hard to find, don't understand why, looks great on Autumns.

I am sorry you have been traumatized by rap, hopefully soon will die out especially because of its degradation and objectification of women.
Not to mention, rap condones violence and often, alcohol and drug abuse and, in some cases, satanism. Some heavy metal also degrades women, condones violence and often, alcohol and drug abuse and, in some cases, satanism, but nowhere near as much as rap.

Hebrew Barrister

United States
texas
yourmomtown
Not to mention, rap condones violence and often, alcohol and drug abuse and, in some cases, satanism. Some heavy metal also degrades women, condones violence and often, alcohol and drug abuse and, in some cases, satanism, but nowhere near as much as rap.
I'm hoping you guys are joking around with this stuff. While I don't like rap, many genres of music glorify such things (minus the Satan).

I would expect most on here think the Beatles are wholesome? How about Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? (hint: LSD). How about I Saw Her Standing There (hint: about creeping on underage girls)? Maxwell's Silver Hammer? (I can't imagine any hint is needed here).

Elvis? Look at his entire relationship with Priscilla. Talk about pedo/creepy.

Better stick to classical. Damn, better write off Mozart for that whole pedo incest thing with his cousin...

Last edited: