Dark brown blazer.

mlenecare

Starting Member
United States
illinois
lemont
I'm hoping you guys are joking around with this stuff. While I don't like rap, many genres of music glorify such things (minus the Satan).

I would expect most on here think the Beatles are wholesome? How about Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? (hint: LSD). How about I Saw Her Standing There (hint: about creeping on underage girls)? Eleanor Rigby? (I can't imagine any hint is needed here).

Elvis? Look at his entire relationship with Priscilla. Talk about pedo/creepy.

Better stick to classical. Damn, better write off Mozart for that whole pedo incest thing with his cousin...
I take your point Hebrew Barrister, though I don't think one needs to claim that some other music is virtuous to criticize some of the lyrics found in rap. For example:

"Last week I beat my ***** up in the street for lyin to me”
“Can’t wait to see this ***** cause I'mma beat her *** in public”
- Kool G Rap

Honestly, I feel bad even posting this here.

Hebrew Barrister

United States
texas
yourmomtown
I take your point Hebrew Barrister, though I don't think one needs to claim that some other music is virtuous to criticize some of the lyrics found in rap. For example:

"Last week I beat my ***** up in the street for lyin to me”
“Can’t wait to see this ***** cause I'mma beat her *** in public”
- Kool G Rap

Honestly, I feel bad even posting this here.
My point is that if one wants to have an issue with this in rap, they need to take issue with it in all music that has similar, or they're showing favoritism simply over personal musical preference. (And make no mistake, I would generally prefer to poke out my eardrums with an ice pick than listen to any current rap or pop)

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
I'm hoping you guys are joking around with this stuff. While I don't like rap, many genres of music glorify such things (minus the Satan).

I would expect most on here think the Beatles are wholesome? How about Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? (hint: LSD). How about I Saw Her Standing There (hint: about creeping on underage girls)? Eleanor Rigby? (I can't imagine any hint is needed here).

Elvis? Look at his entire relationship with Priscilla. Talk about pedo/creepy.

Better stick to classical. Damn, better write off Mozart for that whole pedo incest thing with his cousin...
Just for the record, each and every Beatle consistently denied that "Lucy" had anything to do with LSD. McCartney wrote "How" at the age of 21 with the help of his 17 year old girl friend. Sorry if that creeps you out. As for "Rigby" I can't imagine either, but my imagination can't compare to yours. I'm not the biggest Beatles fan overall, and their personal lives -- like mine -- were not impeccable, but one should be fair.

I'll let others defend Elvis, but would note as a general matter --

There is a huge difference between committing sin and advocating for sin. Huge.

mlenecare

Starting Member
United States
illinois
lemont
My point is that if one wants to have an issue with this in rap, they need to take issue with it in all music that has similar, or they're showing favoritism simply over personal musical preference. (And make no mistake, I would generally prefer to poke out my eardrums with an ice pick than listen to any current rap or pop)
I agree.
The favoritism issue you are bringing up is legitimate. It is easy for people to moralize their tastes.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa

How about Jerry Lee Lewis with his underage cousin?

I am fine with the mention of sin, just a fact of life. Though condoning and promoting abuse and violence is another.

Navy or dark blue dress trousers would work nicely with that jacket. Blues and browns often pair well.
Great point, thank you.

How about olive tones?

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
This is a decent reminder of why I have never been much of a Lennon Fan...
No worries. His statue will be safe in Cuba, even if his signature round glasses (not trad but regarded as stylish in some unfortunate quarters) apparently must be protected by security.