FiscalDean

United States
WI
Elcho
Black Forest Cake

1568306972644.png

Our lake Improvement Association's annual Oktoberfest is next weekend and I'm contemplating making one for the event. My wife and I did a bus tour of Germany three years ago. One of our stops was a demonstration of the art of making cuckoo clock. At 9:00 AM as we were getting off the bus, the clock maker greeted us with a tray of cherry brandy shots. Everyone had at least three before we entered the shop. Although my wife and I agreed we were not going to purchase a clock prior to leaving for our trip, we did find the perfect clock. Of course it's hanging on a wall in our humble abode. Prior to our departure, the clockmaker treated the group to Black Forest Cake and coffee.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
Black Forest Cake

View attachment 34694

Our lake Improvement Association's annual Oktoberfest is next weekend and I'm contemplating making one for the event. My wife and I did a bus tour of Germany three years ago. One of our stops was a demonstration of the art of making cuckoo clock. At 9:00 AM as we were getting off the bus, the clock maker greeted us with a tray of cherry brandy shots. Everyone had at least three before we entered the shop. Although my wife and I agreed we were not going to purchase a clock prior to leaving for our trip, we did find the perfect clock. Of course it's hanging on a wall in our humble abode. Prior to our departure, the clockmaker treated the group to Black Forest Cake and coffee.
Cherry brandy shots? A marketing stroke of genius! 😁

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Black Forest Cake

View attachment 34694

Whoever first thought of putting cherries and chocolate together deserves a plaque and the one who added brandy to the mix deserves a medal.

FiscalDean

United States
WI
Elcho
My personal favorite is chocolate and orange or tangerine. A dark chocolate orange sherbet sundae would be fabulous. Now try and find one!
A health food store I shop sells a chocolate and orange candy bar, mighty tasty.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Let's not kid ourselves here: chocolate + fill in the fruit, almost always works. Currently, there is a nice bag of chocolate-covered pineapple slices in our fridge, which might make a nice pre-dinner treat, yup, back shortly.

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
Black Forest Cake

View attachment 34694

I love those.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts