iammatt

Advanced Member
Thank you for the write-up and the pictures, Matt. The construction looks to be first-rate, and I have a soft spot for three-eyelet derbies.

Would you happen to have a more detailed picture of the waist?

They have the tightest cut waist that I have seen anywhere. There is no fiddleback, just a very tight, bevelled waist.

jcusey

Senior Moderator<br>Technical Support
They have the tightest cut waist that I have seen anywhere. There is no fiddleback, just a very tight, bevelled waist.
Thank you for the additional pictures. That is one fine waist. I am officially jealous now.

To what extent were you able to specify the pattern? Would M. Gomez make the pattern from scratch if you had come up with something that he didn't have, or were you limited to making modifications to existing patterns?

iammatt

Advanced Member
Thank you for the additional pictures. That is one fine waist. I am officially jealous now.

To what extent were you able to specify the pattern? Would M. Gomez make the pattern from scratch if you had come up with something that he didn't have, or were you limited to making modifications to existing patterns?
Only the last is not changeable. The rest is literally "sky is the limit". He has a ton of samples as all of his bespoke samples are equally applicable to the Bottier line. I do not think that anything is against the rules. The only bad thing is that you need to be there to order, and he does not ship. I was there to order, and had a family member pick them up in Paris and bring them to me. I am sure that you could find somebody to get them to you as long as you were there to place the order.

For what he offers, as long as you fit in to and like the lasts, it is a bargain.

Brian13

i love this 3 eyelet derby as well. so is the demi measure program the one between his rtw and bespoke, correct?

so the demi measure program is the one that is advertised as 1200 euro ?

Artisan Fan

Honors Member
Beautiful shoe Matt. I like the color and cut. :)

The waist on my Amesburys is very tight as well. Blends into the leather, in fact.

voxsartoria

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Very nice, Matt. Thanks for sharing.

The waist compares very well, even though it looks welted, to the pegged waist from another handmade RTW shoe, Saint Crispin's in this case:

- B

Nick V

United States
New York
New York
Museum quality. I like the rounded sole in the shank area. The heel seems a bit high. How does the balance feel when you are wearing them?