Status
Not open for further replies.

vpkozel

United States
NC
Charlotte
I totally agree that is disgusting.

It is absolutely shameful that people feel it is OK to personally attack a politician or really any person in the spotlight. Those people need to a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
It's too bad the fools that initiate such hateful tweets don't have sufficient intellect to realize their racist comments disgrace not only the sender of such filth, but also this great nation. Is this the face we want to share with the world community? We are far better than that...I hope!

Acct2000

Connoisseur - Moderator
United States
Michigan
Lansing
Internet anonymity does not bring out the best in some people.

vpkozel

United States
NC
Charlotte
It's too bad the fools that initiate such hateful tweets don't have sufficient intellect to realize their racist comments disgrace not only the sender of such filth, but also this great nation. Is this the face we want to share with the world community? We are far better than that...I hope!
I actually feel the exact opposite of this. I think that people being allowed to spew such filth without retribution is one of the best things about our country. There are many - in fact a large majority - of countries in this world where negative comments about the leader can get you imprisoned, killed, or worse.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
^ I am afraid that I must disagree. This is not a worthy example of the expression of negative opinion such as is supported by liberty, rather it is simply bullying - an activity that I am unable to condone.

Both auto-mobiles and the internet inspire in their users an illusion of safety which bequeaths a hostile demeanour that few are able (or willing) to display when separated from their technology.

Chouan

Honors Member
UK
Cambridgeshire
Ely
^ I am afraid that I must disagree. This is not a worthy example of the expression of negative opinion such as is supported by liberty, rather it is simply bullying - an activity that I am unable to condone.

Both auto-mobiles and the internet inspire in their users an illusion of safety which bequeaths a hostile demeanour that few are able (or willing) to display when separated from their technology.
Very well put, on both counts.

vpkozel

United States
NC
Charlotte

Once you start distinguishing between worthy free speech and unworthy free speech, you have already lost the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts