Nathan Detroit

I'm looking for a dress boot but don't like Alden, among other things because of the steel shank... Thanks

joenobody0

United States
Michigan
Ann Arbor
I'm looking for a dress boot but don't like Alden, among other things because of the steel shank... Thanks
I've seen an AE shell Malvern second on Ebay in the past. Also, C&J has produced a shell chukka in the past. I'm sure AS would be able to make you one MTO.

AAF-8AF

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Maryland
Rockville
Doesn't Rider Boot make a shell chukka?

Nathan Detroit

Rider - tx for the tip. Joe, what is AS? Alfred Sargent? Don't their shoes cost thousands? You have to show up in England and they make a last for your foot? Yikes.... I guess the better option for me would be to look for old CJ or AE Malverns.

AlanC

Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum
United States
Heart of the Bluegrass
Lexington
Polo has offered shell chukkas in the past, not sure if they're a current offering. Still, you might find them on eBay.

I suspect Carmina does, so you might contact The Armoury about it. That would probably be the best option.

Oh, and I think Rancourt does using moccasin construction.

smujd

AE would likely do a custom order if they don't already have a shell chucka in their current line up.

I have a pair of PRL (made by C&J, I think) shell chuckas from ~2 years ago.

Benson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Carmina has them in their shop in Madrid. They tell me that if you call their main store in Mallorca and place an order they will ship to you. For confirmation of this you might try calling one of the shops in Madrid. There are three, the only one where they don't speak some English is the one on Serrano, which is the size of closet anyway.

FYI: Rider boots are made by a small atelier outside Milan; same company that makes Martegani and others (and one will note the similarities).

Benson

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts