moltoelegante

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Italy
Sicily
Catania
Ebay's Global Shipping program is supposed to take care of shipping for the sellers to make it easier to sell. Only problem is that the prices are out of control.

A few days ago I wanted to buy a 22 gram belt buckle for $30, but the shipping was $36. That was bad enough but today takes the cake. Check out Ebay's automated shipping price. How is this even possible?

The seller is the one who loses a sale here, but Ebay also loses its cut. What a fail.

32rollandrock

Connoisseur
United States
illinois
springfield
Can't explain that. I do know that overseas shipping can be hugely expensive. As a seller, I like the global shipping program, which saves me the hassle of filling out customs forms, which is a hassle.

moltoelegante

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Italy
Sicily
Catania
Can't explain that. I do know that overseas shipping can be hugely expensive. As a seller, I like the global shipping program, which saves me the hassle of filling out customs forms, which is a hassle.
I understand the motive but you should be aware that you may be losing customers through this programme. Most of the Chinese sellers I see offer free shipping! I would prefer not to buy anything Chinese but if American sellers all switch to this Global Shipping service, I will have no choice (or I can go European too).

Last edited:

Woofa

United States
Texas
Fort Worth
Molto,

If I were you I might think of posting in the Buying and Selling on Ebay thread on TOF. That is filled with EBAY sellers and if nothing else, you will get a pretty good idea of how this all works from their end.
What I do know from reading that thread regularly is that many of the members have had numerous issues dealing with buyers from certain areas and in fact, because of postal irregularities have stopped selling to those areas completely. Maybe they will have some more reasonable options for you.
Good luck,

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts