Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
As some may have noticed, not been on here much, especially July. Last Sunday in June the Police found Dad had passed in his sleep, age 72 and a half (young for our family). Still doesn't feel real, even spending 25 days clearing out Oma and Opa's house where he lived since 1960, except when working in Long Beach in the 1970s and 1985 to 1992 when married to our biological mother. The house will be sold, so I also had to get my stuff. Think the hardest is how my Aunt, who has only been the kindest person, turned into a controlling person who stole property from the family, plus because of her timeline a lot of stuff had to be left behind. Have to remember it is stuff and I have wonderful memories growing up in the home.

Most of what I took was few things of what was left of Opa's clothes and some of Dad's.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Part one, Opa's clothes.

Eight belts. Glad my Aunt took Opa's woven leather belts as never much cared for that style and have more than enough. Really like the blue belt, never seen or thought of coloured leather belts, not sure if will re-dye or leave it as is expressing the wear from Opa.

These two stamped belts Opa did himself. The belt with the Western buckle was oddly found in the laundry cabinet by my Uncle who gave it to me. The other and the previous belts were in the donate pile created by my Aunt.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Two amazingly well fitting and comfortable Goodyear welted laced shoes, plus a pair of Goodyear welted boots (looking forward trying them with tweed because I can). First though before wearing, will need to order and apply leather conditioner, especially those boots which were in a garage drawer.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
A lot of pocket squares rescued from my Aunt's donate pile, the one with crocheted border was done by his Mother (and I really was hoping to have something she had done). Being so exhausted and mentally out of it, forgot to take out a bright green pocket square and colour ran most of them when rinsing in water to get the dust out. I had a recommendation based on his experience with colour run to take them to Rave Fabricare. One of them when washing disintegrated, though didn't look anything special and had the wrong initial. I don't know if because they are vintage why smaller? Love the odd shaped one. I would never have thought of Opa wearing a pocket square, wasn't sure about myself, though now have to try.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Ties, most of which given by Dad and his Daughter (who therefore thought about keeping them). His white silk brocade tie went missing, was looking forward to it, though the most special is the olives and browns stripe. For some reason, I decided when in the fifth grade and 12 years old that I needed to wear a tie for the presentation I was giving the class. Opa was stoic, though seemed wanted to make that happen the night before, so planned on it for the next morning. He got up early (he was then in his 80s and school started at 8:00), took me over to the hall closet and had me choose a tie, and then taught me how to tie a tie. That led to a love of ties and therefore sartorial clothing.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
A stunningly beautiful vintage Swiss mechanical watch found by Oma's niece in the kitchen drawer with assorted manuals and instructions, weird. Gently tried winding though doesn't feel right so left alone, get it repaired by a professional, except may leave the crystal so long as protects. The buckle is broken off and missing, think a dark Merlot colour leather strap still allow it to be a dress watch and look better with my skin undertones plus harmonize with those wonderful San Carlos Chelsea boots from Herring.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Donegal tweed sport coat, flecks of brown, burgundy, reds, oranges, golds, and cream. Find it also nice comes from El Cajon where Oma and Opa moved to in 1953 and where I grew up.

Slightly variegated olive sport coat (the cellular camera doesn't do it justice) and even found the original receipt from 1969 in Oma's dresser. Seems odd she saved it and not the others, seems like was an accident. Don't know of anyone that intentionally saves the receipts from sartorial purchases. Works out to $280.51 by the way.

And the best of all, Opa's World War Two Navy pea coat with no moth holes (a miracle as the only other without nibbles is his DB suit). The rest of the uniform has disappeared, though just be more clothes to take care of which never be warn. This fits me bang on and oddly can't wait for cold weather, however, probably have to wear a thin shirt underneath. ;)😂

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Cardigans and pullovers. Love the colour of the roll-neck.

The cardigan is interesting having a belt. The buttons don't seem to be the best choice and missing one, have to think on what be a fitting replacement, open to suggestions.

Acct2000

Connoisseur - Moderator
United States
Michigan
Lansing
I'm sorry to hear of your loss; I'm glad you got the clothes that your father wanted you to have. I'm sure they will help you to remember them.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
I'm sorry to hear of your loss; I'm glad you got the clothes that your father wanted you to have. I'm sure they will help you to remember them.
Appreciated.

Honestly Dad was surprised and said he could never wear his Dad's clothes.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts