eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Permit me to echo Acct2000's condolences. I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and will pray for you to find a sense of inner peace, as you deal with this new reality. The personal articles you have inherited will prove to be a wonderful way for you to remember your Father and your Opa, as you use those garments/articles in your daily activities.

Semper Jeep

United States
Michigan
Bloomfield Hills
I extend my condolences as well and while I know clothing is a poor consolation to still having your father or opa, it's nice to have that connection, especially as somebody who appreciates menswear as your presence here would indicate that you do.

The WWII era peacoat may be the consensus gem (with the rollneck sweater and the tweed jacket not far behind) but I think the real find is the old paperwork and those punch card receipts(!!) for the olive sport coat.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
I can only echo the comments above, but still want to add my condolences.

I lost my father 29 years ago and the few things of his I have are a nice reminder of him. I hope having a few of your father's things also helps you in some small way.

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Please also accept my condolences. It's never easy to lose a parent but when you keep their memory alive they're never truly gone. This year marks the 10th anniversary of my Mother's passing, and the 4th year of my Fathers. Everyone grieves differently so I won't tell you how to feel just now. But I can share with you that for me, the sadness of losing them eased and I'm able to remember the good times without sadness. May those inherited clothes bring you memories of the good times.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Part two, Dad.

Dad's clothes were a bit of a treasure hunt, with many too damaged from weather to be salvageable, as last Summer when his former wife after many years of no alimony and getting $4,500 from her Parent's Trust sued Dad and won, leaving him no option but to move the stuff from storage (containing all the stuff from the family home we shared) and to Oma and Opa's, though no room inside, so was put outside. In everything there is a positive: some clothes which had weather or age stains did come clean with a lot of love plus borax and that is a lot of the best clothes were safe inside. It was also a treasure hunt as some items were in really strange places, lost under the piles, or tossed in a drawer.

Pants, though the medium ocher will need a new zipper and the green a new zipper pull. The current "fix" is so him soon as I saw it broke out into laughter.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Found in the stuff outside a couple nice ordinary belts and then buried in Dad's room was another belt made by his Dad, with a removable buckle (which is missing, there is wear pattern from it).

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Now let me now explain so understand the next upcoming items. My Dad was in the eyes of his Mother-in-law sartorially challenged, so as best can derive from the bits and pieces left on the road of life by the passage of time, and within about the first year of marriage, his Father-in-law took him to the Ascot shop in La Jolla, the place then and now for quality menswear. Dad was allergic to wool and the fabric choices reflex this. Grandpa Dick bought Dad four OCBD shirts, six ties, four white pocket squares with hand rolled edges, an off white cotton raglan sleeve pullover, and two linen and/or silk slub sport coats plus a silk slub blazer with coordinating pants for each (please correct me if wrong about the coat fabrics). In my humble opinion, the shop did well matching Dad's archetype/personality and creating what is now called a capsule wardrobe, set for the causal to semi formal (Christmas dinner at the Warner Springs Ranch with even a Christmas tie as you will see later).

Because it is getting late, not feeling like putting a fourth day, and the sleeves are a tad short, just going to show the OCBDs.

There is this brand new Lands End from the later part of the 1980's, hopefully that's before the collar roll was lost.

Was not sure about wearing pink shirts and this gives me an opportunity without the possible financial loss.

I did find a brand new pair of SAS shoes still in the box, so took those. Not sure how feel wearing the dress shoes, as Dad would save money and use the allowance for steel toed shoes to get steel toed dress shoes being he saw no point to waist money on dress shoes (handy for my Sister who get bored at events and ride his shoes).

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
In the stuff outside, found a couple pocket squares other than those from the Ascot shop, green is brand new from Mervyn's.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts