Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Please accept my condolences, too. It’s always difficult to really lose any family member but especially parents.

I cringe at the day I lose mine.
Appreciated, it is hard though know get better over time.

Please take my advice and spend as much time as you can and ask lots questions, even if seems rudimentary. For example, never asked Dad about his employment and turns out he worked at a solar company doing energy evaluations, though when I told him I was getting a degree in energy evaluation, he never mentioned. I only found out because there was a copy of his resume he sent the employer of his second and last job in the desk (which was apparently never cleared out even when moved, just like his parent dressers that contained magazines and papers as far back as 1943).

And when you do loose a parent, don't dwell on the what ifs. For example, I was upset I got into a spat with my Dad, though soon let it go recognizing we were the same personality and he knew I meant no harm. Besides, all water under the bridge and can only learn from mistakes.

Cantaloop

Starting Member
India
Telangana
Hyderabad
My condolences to you and your family.
It's so nice to see you finding stuff your Opa left behind. Looks like he was a fashion connoisseur too!

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
So sorry for your loss. Your photographic and verbal chronicle of his clothing is a lovely tribute. I especially liked the tooled belts and the blazer buttons. You will treasure these things. My only clothing memory from my father is a pair of bow ties, the black satin one he passed along to me the first time I wore a dinner suit and the dark blue and green tartan with a trace of red that he often wore at the holidays. Sharing things like that keeps our parents alive in our memories.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
So sorry for your loss. Your photographic and verbal chronicle of his clothing is a lovely tribute. I especially liked the tooled belts and the blazer buttons. You will treasure these things. My only clothing memory from my father is a pair of bow ties, the black satin one he passed along to me the first time I wore a dinner suit and the dark blue and green tartan with a trace of red that he often wore at the holidays. Sharing things like that keeps our parents alive in our memories.
Appreciated.

I didn't think of it as a tribute, just explaining where I been, what influenced, and the point of sartorial journey. Though, good and valid, thank you for pointing it out and the complements.

Those bow ties sound wonderful, especially the Christmas. How did you do making it though the first Christmas? Did you wear it? Myself at this point in time not looking forward, Church forced me out and Dad was the only one who call on that day.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
My condolences to you and your family.
It's so nice to see you finding stuff your Opa left behind. Looks like he was a fashion connoisseur too!
Sorry missed your post. Appreciate the condolence and complement. I wouldn't say fashion, though style? However, Opa didn't always get it right, oft wearing a skinny tie with coats with wide lapels, though was his only black tie and be like him not to purchase something he already had.

When not in event clothes, Opa wear wool pants and flannel shirt in the Winter, shorts and polo shirts in Summer, or if working in the garden an old flannel shirt (those more thin and sleeves cut off for Summer). His favorite sweater was a olivish green cardigan, which I seem to have missed putting here (in the project bin as needs to buttons sewn back on). Didn't matter if wasn't the right colour(s) either, all that mattered was it was warm.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Appreciated.

I didn't think of it as a tribute, just explaining where I been, what influenced, and the point of sartorial journey. Though, good and valid, thank you for pointing it out and the complements.

Those bow ties sound wonderful, especially the Christmas. How did you do making it though the first Christmas? Did you wear it? Myself at this point in time not looking forward, Church forced me out and Dad was the only one who call on that day.
I did wear the tie around Christmas, and he’d just died in early November. Being with friends certainly helped. Our church is a pretty good crowd. You just keep going, remember good stuff, and find friends to support you. My mother has been gone 35 years, and my father has been gone for 20, but I still keep them fresh in my memory. All the best finding your way forward.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
I did wear the tie around Christmas, and he’d just died in early November. Being with friends certainly helped. Our church is a pretty good crowd. You just keep going, remember good stuff, and find friends to support you. My mother has been gone 35 years, and my father has been gone for 20, but I still keep them fresh in my memory. All the best finding your way forward.
Thank you for replying. :)

Friends are too busy to do anything, not the way society was back before the new millennium. Now that been forced out of Church twice because I have Autism, have no desire to go back. Especially seeing how nasty Pastors are, who think because have a piece of paper to hang on their wall have more insight then attendees (without warning he removed me from Facebook, blocked my number, and took me off the bulletin email plus prayer chain). Nice not burning out and having another day to do stuff, though keep it restful to respect the Sabbath.

The way forward is dealing with what each day brings and try and make the most of it. The past is the past.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Apparently I can wear wild patterned sport coat and olive shirt (all three were Dad's). I know most will hate, though I don't give a damn. Wasn't sure olive would work with my complexion.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts