TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Thank you for replying. :)

Friends are too busy to do anything, not the way society was back before the new millennium. Now that been forced out of Church twice because I have Autism, have no desire to go back. Especially seeing how nasty Pastors are, who think because have a piece of paper to hang on their wall have more insight then attendees (without warning he removed me from Facebook, blocked my number, and took me off the bulletin email plus prayer chain). Nice not burning out and having another day to do stuff, though keep it restful to respect the Sabbath.

The way forward is dealing with what each day brings and try and make the most of it. The past is the past.
I fully understand. My son is 36 and has autism. He is nonverbal. He has moved in two years ago with a wonderful couple that are his age. Now they have a daughter, too.

Sorry your church was a bad experience. They are not all that way, but they are like any human institution, some good, some bad, all imperfect.

Keep looking for good people. We have friends at the YMCA, where we go to work out. My son’s new chosen family is a bunch of musicians, and they are an interesting bunch.

Yes, see what each day brings and make the most of it. Beautifully said.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
I fully understand. My son is 36 and has autism. He is nonverbal. He has moved in two years ago with a wonderful couple that are his age. Now they have a daughter, too.

Sorry your church was a bad experience. They are not all that way, but they are like any human institution, some good, some bad, all imperfect.

Keep looking for good people. We have friends at the YMCA, where we go to work out. My son’s new chosen family is a bunch of musicians, and they are an interesting bunch.

Yes, see what each day brings and make the most of it. Beautifully said.
Sorry about your Son, at least happy where he is. Also a reminder I could have it worse.

I am trying to volunteer (missed August due to being sick) at an organization which sews bereavement gowns as a way to force myself to stay social and around Christians in hopes find a few good ones. Already have bought me a pair of left handed scissors and all of the folks are nice. Kind of funny as I am the only male, though seriously too bad none my age. 😉 Oh and so far have worn my polyester three piece suit as versatile on warmth and then at one of the founder's homes wore my tweed suit as knew be cold (and was).

I am not sure would call myself a musician, can play okay the organ, piano, cello, plus marginal the clarinet (fingers don't work right) and harmonica (got it back and need to make time to refresh myself after twenty years plus move to notes (taught by number)), and can say I'm interesting. :p Bet the music is good for him.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
My condolences.

That peacoat is fantastic.
Appreciated.

Isn't it? Best part is he wrote his name in the designated spot, not something you get if purchased second hand. Can't believe my Aunt put it in the donate pile. Already trying to come up with an outfit for when cold weather comes and today was 105*F. Ha.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Sorry about your Son, at least happy where he is. Also a reminder I could have it worse.

I am trying to volunteer (missed August due to being sick) at an organization which sews bereavement gowns as a way to force myself to stay social and around Christians in hopes find a few good ones. Already have bought me a pair of left handed scissors and all of the folks are nice. Kind of funny as I am the only male, though seriously too bad none my age. 😉 Oh and so far have worn my polyester three piece suit as versatile on warmth and then at one of the founder's homes wore my tweed suit as knew be cold (and was).

I am not sure would call myself a musician, can play okay the organ, piano, cello, plus marginal the clarinet (fingers don't work right) and harmonica (got it back and need to make time to refresh myself after twenty years plus move to notes (taught by number)), and can say I'm interesting. :p Bet the music is good for him.
Sounds like a good effort and a good group!

My son, despite his challenges, is an exceptionally cool guy. I’m glad he’s found his niche!

And now I’ll probably offend people, but...don’t worry about hanging out with Christians. Instead focus on people who try to live as Jesus would, regardless of what they are called.

I’m impressed with your versatility on musical instruments. I played trombone as a kid and now I think I b flat no matter what!

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Sounds like a good effort and a good group!

My son, despite his challenges, is an exceptionally cool guy. I’m glad he’s found his niche!

And now I’ll probably offend people, but...don’t worry about hanging out with Christians. Instead focus on people who try to live as Jesus would, regardless of what they are called.

I’m impressed with your versatility on musical instruments. I played trombone as a kid and now I think I b flat no matter what!
Sorry I misunderstood about your Son, glad he is doing well. Honestly wish my Dad could have accepted my position in life rather than telling me I wouldn't ever keep a job (bio mother no help either as said would never get married, though Dad knew I just might be later than others as he was). Bet Son is doing well because you did well with him.

Even if not religious, has been shown helping others helps not just those served, though impacting the one serving emotionally. I caught myself going in a really dark place and forced myself to get out by helping others. Selfish, though better than the damage I could have caused to others with my anger.

As to being with non-Christians, didn't Jesus be with with sinners (such as prostitutes and tax collectors) saying it was not the healthy who needed a doctor, though the afflicted?

I was always flat on the clarinet. I find it interesting how many of those with Autistic tendencies either have a family member who is artistic and/or can play music and/or themselves. Dad learned the piano and despite what he said, was really good. He also taught himself guitar using Opa's (which he played before I was born and some reason quit). My Dad was obviously on the spectrum and as now known, I am too. Heck, Oma's family were all musicians, many could play more than one, and everyone of them had Spectrum tendencies. My neighbor and her boy are surly savants and both show tenancies. Then there is your Son.

Now the question to keep this sartorially related, does our perception of the world affect the way we clothe ourselves?

Was Dad's eccentricity on colour because of the way he perceived colour?

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Sorry I misunderstood about your Son, glad he is doing well. Honestly wish my Dad could have accepted my position in life rather than telling me I wouldn't ever keep a job (bio mother no help either as said would never get married, though Dad knew I just might be later than others as he was). Bet Son is doing well because you did well with him.

Even if not religious, has been shown helping others helps not just those served, though impacting the one serving emotionally. I caught myself going in a really dark place and forced myself to get out by helping others. Selfish, though better than the damage I could have caused to others with my anger.

As to being with non-Christians, didn't Jesus be with with sinners (such as prostitutes and tax collectors) saying it was not the healthy who needed a doctor, though the afflicted?

I was always flat on the clarinet. I find it interesting how many of those with Autistic tendencies either have a family member who is artistic and/or can play music and/or themselves. Dad learned the piano and despite what he said, was really good. He also taught himself guitar using Opa's (which he played before I was born and some reason quit). My Dad was obviously on the spectrum and as now known, I am too. Heck, Oma's family were all musicians, many could play more than one, and everyone of them had Spectrum tendencies. My neighbor and her boy are surly savants and both show tenancies. Then there is your Son.

Now the question to keep this sartorially related, does our perception of the world affect the way we clothe ourselves?

Was Dad's eccentricity on colour because of the way he perceived colour?
Ah, back to sartorial issues. My son loves color, as to his mother and I. However, I like to limit it to one really bright item, be it a pink tie, red pants, or a purple polo. I like the quiet, traditional things like khakis, blue OCBDs, grey Shetlands, navy blazers, and subdued tweed odd jackets to set them off. I think an outfit that doesn’t have one item that truly pops is lacking, but with a few exceptions, two is too many for me to be comfortable. I also like the cocoon effect of layers, sort of like my son likes a weighted blanket. But I don’t like tight clothing. I’m also in accord with whoever said there was no such thing as a go to hell jacket. But I do love GTH pants! Madras, embroidered, bright colors...

An interesting rumination on religion. I’m an Episcopalian. I have a friend who is Jewish. We talk faith often. The more we talk the more it seems our beliefs converge. Makes sense when you think where Christianity came from!

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Ah, back to sartorial issues. My son loves color, as to his mother and I. However, I like to limit it to one really bright item, be it a pink tie, red pants, or a purple polo. I like the quiet, traditional things like khakis, blue OCBDs, grey Shetlands, navy blazers, and subdued tweed odd jackets to set them off. I think an outfit that doesn’t have one item that truly pops is lacking, but with a few exceptions, two is too many for me to be comfortable. I also like the cocoon effect of layers, sort of like my son likes a weighted blanket. But I don’t like tight clothing. I’m also in accord with whoever said there was no such thing as a go to hell jacket. But I do love GTH pants! Madras, embroidered, bright colors...
Got to keep it somewhat in bounds of the forum. 😉 :p

I have learned to be situational, in that sometimes okay to wear bold and/or clothing (ex. getting groceries) and other times needs to be conservative (ex. interview). My Dad didn't always seem to understand this, wearing bold and bright ties with his cream sport coat to funerals. That was Dad and now if know the mood will be lighter, wear a little colour (like a dark blue tie instead of navy).

I will have to keep my eye out about the need for colour, have been back and forth (seems this forum prefers at least subdued colour, maybe even no colour).

An interesting rumination on religion. I’m an Episcopalian. I have a friend who is Jewish. We talk faith often. The more we talk the more it seems our beliefs converge. Makes sense when you think where Christianity came from!
My Dad's really good friend and therefore my friend is Episcopalian. Interesting folks. Might have had some ancestors who were, forgotten. Do know Presbyterian on maternal side and all the rules and stuffiness (not sure the right word though) was too much for someone raised Wesleyan Church (the Church Dad's youth Pastor moved to). Oma's family on her Dad's side Mennonite Brethren and would say where I fit best. In the middle relaxed, no preaching politics at the pulpit, and not anti firearms (Opa competition shot black powder rifles and long pistols, which I have an octagon barrel Winchester sans barrel (seems stolen by my Aunt) and long barrel with tiger maple he carved, plus forgot to say also took his shooting coat out of the donate pile). The first Followers thought of themselves as Jewish and would attend service, why Christians attend on Sunday. If memory serves and doesn't always, it's in Acts. Myself try and eat Kosher, though not going to get bent out of shape accidentally eating and sometimes I have a craving for clam chowder I am not strong enough to resist. My Dad tried matzo and loved it, especially as could get it inexpensive after Passover (one time buying so much we had it for several years LOL) and am the only child who also loves it. Came in handy onetime when thought had bread crumbs for meatloaf, had non, no oatmeal, no crackers, so used them despite like opened five ten years saving for some reason and got moved into the back (tasted just fine). I much enjoy fried matzo, though when I looked at my stores around Passover, found none. It is just matzo, eggs, and what else you want to put in it (learned from a Jewish lady). Oops... think time to call it a night, I'm wandering...

Cantaloop

Starting Member
India
Telangana
Hyderabad
Sorry missed your post. Appreciate the condolence and complement. I wouldn't say fashion, though style? However, Opa didn't always get it right, oft wearing a skinny tie with coats with wide lapels, though was his only black tie and be like him not to purchase something he already had.

When not in event clothes, Opa wear wool pants and flannel shirt in the Winter, shorts and polo shirts in Summer, or if working in the garden an old flannel shirt (those more thin and sleeves cut off for Summer). His favorite sweater was a olivish green cardigan, which I seem to have missed putting here (in the project bin as needs to buttons sewn back on). Didn't matter if wasn't the right colour(s) either, all that mattered was it was warm.
All that matters is that he was sorted in his head. Haha. Seems like a fun guy to be around!

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts