richard warren

United States
Louisiana
covington
I find it best to try to adjust my limits so as to be somewhat congruent with the parameters of the real world. To try to change the world is a fairly ambitious project which would be extremely time consuming and the efforts of the people who have tried to do it in the past have usually been disastrous.

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Santa Monica
You missed my point R W, if your post is directed to me.

Brooks was in the real world 6 months ago- before it stopped selling Alden shoes. The nice underwear I mention disappeared about a year ago.

Bad form to quote oneself, but " They seemed to be trying to do good things while adjusting the store to current tastes". I am not referring to the store before it was sold the first time, to Marks and Spencer. I am referring to the store of 18 months ago.

Last edited:

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Suffice it to say that BB is quite different from the BB of yore, a store that made immense contributions to a certain look. I’m glad some can still find things they like there, but BB is not the single stop for exactly what we want that it once was. Other stores I shopped back in the seventies like Nordstrom have made pretty much the same changes.

David J. Cooper

Canada
BC
Vancouver
Yes. BB bashing has been a right of manhood here. I have recently bought a couple of sweaters, two pairs of Clark chinos , three polo shirts and a six pack of boxers.

I buy mostly at an outlet but always 1818.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts