TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
@TKI67 I definitely like lime, so yes :)
That being the case you ought to embrace home made salsa. Lime plus salt plus onion plus peppers, augmented however you like (cilantro, garlic, tomato, fruits (love peaches) makes for superb salsa. It takes only minutes with a food processor or blender. Give lime, salt, red onion, habanero, and papaya a try! It’s no prob having a zippy salsa with no vinegar. You can also add the dimension of roasting ingredients or cooking the salsa. Salsa doesn’t have to be chunky, either. Choose your ingredients and blitz them in a blender.

Last edited:

mikel

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Los Angeles
That being the case you ought to embrace home made salsa.
@TKI67 I totally agree! I make a mean homemade salsa that is really flavorful and enjoyable. Saw my daughter make it once, so I "borrowed" her recipe and made it my own :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I'm going to have to look-up Oldsarge's Safari Hot Sauce on amazon and give it a try. The Son-in-Law and I have an ongoing competition to determine whose taste buds can take the most heat! ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
I don't really have a favorite hot sauce but I like a hot sauce that is not too hot but not give me heartburn and I would not have to run to the toilet.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
For the adventuresome home cook I offer the following. In Austin lots of folk like Tacodeli because they have become addicted to their Dona sauce. It is a pale green, and first timers mistakenly think, “Ah, avocado. I can handle that.” There are no avocados in it. Roast and skin a pile of jalapeños, add a little roasted garlic, and some salt. Drizzle EVOO in as you blend it. So good!

BTW, a commentary on local tastes. We were on the Oregon Coast this past week, and the place we were having breakfast advertised their habanero salsa, branding it with heat warnings. We thought it tasted like an excellent gazpacho.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts