mikel

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Los Angeles
@Oldsarge - Wow, that is REALLY good hot sauce!

I just took a thick slice of leftover pork loin, heated it for about 20 seconds, and used your Safari Hot Sauce as a dipping sauce for the pork. YUM, YUM, YUM!

I'd roughly describe the taste as a cross between a hot salsa & yellow curry sauce. Both flavors that I quite like.

To be honest, it's so flavorful, that I'm tempted to go get another slice of pork loin so I can have some more of your amazing sauce :)

Great work!! Now, off to Amazon to write a review.

mikel

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Los Angeles
One thing that is pretty impressive, as it pertains to Amazon delivery information....

1564782170056.png

I've never seen this before -- where they have a photo proof of the actual package delivery, shown in the Amazon Track Package page.

Has anyone else seen this?

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
I think that could be due to the incidence of package theft. They're providing visual proof of delivery in case you claim you never received it because some bounder made off with your purchase.

zzdocxx

Honors Member
United States
California
San Diego
Well, since I 'invented' it, this is my current fav. However, years ago the L.A. Time ran an article about a old Califorñano red chili sauce. I make it up by the quart!
Amazing, congrats on your product launch!

I visited S. Africa a couple of years ago I guess it was.

Had piri piri at least once, I don't remember that much about it though!

How do I say this fairly . . . it is a really different country. It is not generally considered to be a very safe place. Of course I hope the best for its future.

I'm interested in your experiences there.

Last edited:

zzdocxx

Honors Member
United States
California
San Diego
Avocado toast!?
The thing is, good heavens we have been eating that stuff out here since I was a kid, a good while ago, with no connotations to hipsters.

But we didn't call it "avocado toast", just avocado on toast, or whatever. I am not happy the hipsters have appropriated this staple of my childhood and youth, thereby stigmatizing it!

Off on a tangent here, there is a W African dish I like, have any of you had "Jollof Rice" ? Yum yum !

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Upon our return home from Sunday services today, we were pleasantly surprised to find a small shipping box from Amazon leaning against our front door. The 'fulfilled wish' found inside the box was my bottle of Biwanna Walt's Safari Hot Sauce. The bottle was shipped in the box with absolutely no padding to protect it, but in all fairness it did arrive intact. Not being a patient man, I immediately opened it and poured a bit on a teaspoon to sample the taste. As has been opined earlier in this thread the hot sauce presents medium heat and it does have a rather distinctive, yet pleasant taste on the tongue, heat lingering on the back of the tongue. It tastes pretty good, compared to the flavor I've experienced with other hot sauces. This evening the family will be joining joining Grandma "D" and I for dinner and Oldsarge, your hot sauce will be a condiment at that meal. The entree is pork loin. Bon Appetite'. ;)

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
My friend, with 11 people sitting around our dinner table last evening, your hot sauce was a hit...close to 2/3rds of the bottle was consumed. Very well done, Sir. I will be submitting a five star review to Amazon this morning! ;)

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
I really don't understand people who eat those things on purpose. According to what I've read about them, the Ghost pepper wasn't even bred to be eaten. Supposedly it was developed by the Indian Armed Forces to be an ingredient in crowd control. And I believe it! Getting sprayed with Ghost Pepper would certainly eliminate any desire to continue rioting on my part.
Properly prepared, a ghost pepper sauce can be quite good. The Melinda’s Naga Jolokia I mentioned above shares a lot of the fruitiness I associate with fresh habaneros. Of course it does bring a lot of zing. A five ounce bottle will last me over half a year! That said, I sure wouldn’t want to be sprayed with it!

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts