eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
....but a salad is not a salad, absent the pepperoncini's. Just a bowl of lettuce, spinach leaves, cut up tomato's and onion:icon_scratch:. Ya just gotta have the peppers. ;)

eagle2250

^^
....but a salad is not a salad, absent the pepperoncini's. Just a bowl of lettuce, spinach leaves, cut up tomato's and onion! Ya just gotta have the peppers. ;)

TKI67

^^
....but a salad is not a salad, absent the pepperoncini's. Just a bowl of lettuce, spinach leaves, cut up tomato's and onion! Ya just gotta have the peppers. ;)
Yes, pepperoncini is awesome in a salad, but last night I made one with other ingredients that was decently: red lettuce, thinly sliced sweet onion, marinated artichoke hearts, garbanzos, and thin sliced of orange bell pepper. There wasn’t a single Scoville in there unless it was from the scant teaspoon of Maille Dijon in the EVOO and white wine vinegar dressing. Maldon salt, the unsung hero of many salads. Pepperoncini would have made it even better.

eagle2250

^^ (in response to post #70)
When I was but a young lad, my Mom used to take hot peppers grown in our garden and put them up in oil. We would take those peppers, add a couple of slices of buttered homemade bread and sit back and enjoy some good eating! ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
When my children were small, I used to do the same thing with peppers preserved in dry sherry. And the sherry did wonderful things for gravies and sauces, too!

Howard

Connoisseur
I see. Which one is your favorite hot sauce?

My favorite would probably be Frank's Red Hot. I really shouldn't be bringing hot sauce home cause of My Father's heart attack a month and a half ago and My Father tells me to stop having hot sauce cause it will eventually catch up to you later on in your 50's and 60's.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.