Good Morning Sir!

Suspended
[Favourite Items] Ode to my old tweed cap!

[video=youtube;1G0sOA6hTg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G0sOA6hTg0[/video]

It is my favourite item. What is your favourite item?

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
At your reported 19 years of age, I find it hard to imagine that you have a hat, tweed or otherwise, old enough or sufficiently venerable to be referred to as "old" or qualified to be worthy of the Captain and Tenille's lyrical ministrations. I fear, good(?) Sir, that you are but mocking the membership! However, I do hope I am wrong, say wot? :icon_scratch:

Good Morning Sir!

Suspended
At your reported 19 years of age, I find it hard to imagine that you have a hat, tweed or otherwise, old enough or sufficiently venerable to be referred to as "old" or qualified to be worthy of the Captain and Tenille's lyrical ministrations. I fear, good(?) Sir, that you are but mocking the membership! However, I do hope I am wrong, say wot? :icon_scratch:
Firstly this is a hat which belonged to my grandfather, secondly I am not mocking anyone. This thread introduction was meant to be a amusing way to start a discussion on people's favourite items. Now as far as the song is concerned it was originally Caruso's recording of "Una Furtiva Lagrima" but the song while beautiful is a bit depressing so... Captain and Tenille!

Good Morning Sir!

Suspended
Of course it is old enough, it belonged to my grandfather and it still looks great! I wear it every now and then, I just love it. I am deeply offended that you would suggest my mocking of the members of AAAC - I can assure you that it is not the case. While I may be a little ironic or joke around a bit I am not a troll and my posts are legitimate. This very threat was meant to be an introduction to a haven for people to express their passion for a particular item. In my case it is an old tweed hat, mock me for it if you please. Other people like gloves, cufflinks or another item. Now about the song originally I wanted to post this but I found it too depressing:

[video=youtube;Miwejo0mgok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miwejo0mgok[/video]

Poindexter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Hawaii
Waikapu
[video=youtube;1G0sOA6hTg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G0sOA6hTg0[/video]

It is my favourite item. What is your favourite item?
Totally lipsynched, not a bra in sight. Great Googly Moogly, could it get any better?

Sigh,

Poinz

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
nephew,
my contribution-lock & co-grouse fedora-pure wool fedora
What a splendid example of a gentleman's walking hat, suitable for those colder winter months which so many of us are forced to endure...very handsome, indeed! Well done, Uncle Mac.

Of course it is old enough, it belonged to my grandfather and it still looks great! I wear it every now and then, I just love it. I am deeply offended that you would suggest my mocking of the members of AAAC - I can assure you that it is not the case. While I may be a little ironic or joke around a bit I am not a troll and my posts are legitimate. This very threat was meant to be an introduction to a haven for people to express their passion for a particular item. In my case it is an old tweed hat, mock me for it if you please. Other people like gloves, cufflinks or another item. Now about the song originally I wanted to post this but I found it too depressing:

[video=youtube;Miwejo0mgok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miwejo0mgok[/video]
Oddly, with a suprising number of your posts, I seem to be experiencing flashbacks to a darker time, sort of like those we endure of a somewhat unplanned, summer senior trip so many took, lo so many years ago:crazy:! In response to your present post (and quoting Shakespeare badly, I'm afraid), "Methinks you protest too much!" However, you are correct, the original rendition of the tune is indeed droll!

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts