whoisthis

Starting Member
United States
mi
warren
I'm curious how the vamp area should fit for Shell cordovan shoes.
When you press down vamp area, should the leather touch immediately your top of foot?

I really like the multiple large rumples/folds that appear on vamp area. But i don't get that. Mine is just flat. I'm wondering if that's because the vamp area is not tightly close to top of my foot.
I only wore it few times but it seems like it's not likely to appear.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
You answered your own question; you’ve only worn it a few times.

Shell does not behave in the same manner as calfskin. As for sizing and fit, it’s the same as any other shoe.

Just wear and enjoy. It’ll happen.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
How do the shoes feel on your feet, when you are walking or after being worn throughout a 12 to 14 hour day on your feet? If they feel good and wear well, don't waste time worrying about creasing on the vamp...that isn't! ;)

whoisthis

Starting Member
United States
mi
warren
How do the shoes feel on your feet, when you are walking or after being worn throughout a 12 to 14 hour day on your feet? If they feel good and wear well, don't waste time worrying about creasing on the vamp...that isn't! ;)
it is important..haha i mean if the vamp area is suppose to be tight when new, and it molds to my feet over time, then i can add some insole.

Fraser Tartan

United States
California
SF
I think you're overanalyzing this.

If they're comfortable, they probably fit well. Just wear them and let whatever happens, happen.

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
Did I miss something....how do y’all know how to answer his question without even knowing what kind of shoes he’s talking about (other than the material)?! Are they bals, bluchers, penny loafers, tassel mocs, full-strap slip-ons, sneakers, etc?

whoisthis

Starting Member
United States
mi
warren
Did I miss something....how do y’all know how to answer his question without even knowing what kind of shoes he’s talking about (other than the material)?! Are they bals, bluchers, penny loafers, tassel mocs, full-strap slip-ons, sneakers, etc?
I think their answers will be same regardless. It is true that shoes should be comfortable. But im the type of person who sacrifice my feet for the look/design of shoes haha.
I have AE Leed. Derby.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
I think their answers will be same regardless. It is true that shoes should be comfortable. But im the type of person who sacrifice my feet for the look/design of shoes haha.
Then I don’t think it matters either until you undergo a serious rethinking of your approach to footwear selection.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts