rauch

Starting Member
Germany
Bavaria
Würzburg
When trying on a pair of shoes (ordered online) the finish appears to be coming off along the toe cap and in creases. Does anyone have some insight into whether this can be easily corrected or if it may be a sign of more problems to come? Would it be wiser to return them? They were sold at a discount as a customer return so I wouldn't expect a perfectly unscuffed shoe--however my feeling is that this type of finish problem is unusual.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Palm Desert
rauch:

Mind telling us the brand?
I was just in Wurzburg last year. You could have bought me a beer!! :beer:

rauch

Starting Member
Germany
Bavaria
Würzburg
Thank you for the reply, the shoes are Cheaney.

I hope you enjoyed yourself here! I'll get you that beer next visit, and in the meantime I'll have one in your honor

CLTesquire

United States
NC
Waxhaw
Well they definitely left a lot of extra polish stuck in the broguing there and along the edge of the pinking. It looks some of that has worn off. Disappointing the finishing of the leather is such that there is lack of color on a portion of the upper. You could try a little cream polish there in the bare spot to see if you can help alleviate the issue or just return them. If you were going to keep them, I would probably to get all of the build up polish off to really see what I was working with before messing with polish. It's just going to continue to wear off.

TheDlABlO

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I dont think that is a big deal. As shoes are worn, leather gets wear. in the higher wear areas you will see some lightening as pigment and dyes wear off.

high quality solvent based colored cream based polished address this quite well.

rauch

Starting Member
Germany
Bavaria
Würzburg
Thank you for the replies! The shoes are otherwise perfect, so it is good to know that this is something minor that I can remedy myself.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts