[Fit Advice] MTM Shirt

never behind

United States
IN
Zionsville
I've decided to try MTM, and I figure if I'm ever going to become better I should be willing to take some constructive criticism. So have at it and thanks in advance.

BTW, I didn't plan this out so I've been in the office all day, so things have gotten a little wrinkly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt S

Connoisseur
United States
NY
New York
Before anyone can help you we need to know, has it been washed yet?

WA

Honors Member
United States
WA
Bellingham
It looks to large.

Balance is off. The top of pocket should be level, so the front neck point should be raised just enough to drop the pocket level.

One shoulder is lower than the other. That side the shirt shoulder needs to be lowered to match the body.

AlphaOmega

Starting Member
United States
IL
Joliet
How did you post the pictures?

Also, the waist on the pants (I know you asked about the shirt) looks too big. The belt looks like it pulling the waist.

never behind

United States
IN
Zionsville
How did you post the pictures?

Also, the waist on the pants (I know you asked about the shirt) looks too big. The belt looks like it pulling the waist.
I pushed the button between the camera icon and the paper clip icon. It's a box with two triangles in it and it pulled up my photos on my phone. First time I posted a pic so I was winging it.

I'm not sure what that giant crease is on the front right of my pants. I think it's some combination of sitting and being a little too round. :/

medhat

United States
Wisconsin
Madison
I'm not usually the contrarian, but I think it looks good. My only nitpicks are personal choice issues. The cuffs seem big; I think with MTM you could get a more snug fit. Do I think it could fit closer overall? Yes, but it's a choice, and kudos to you for not having it shrink-wrapped on your body. It's maybe a touch generous, but it's uniformly generous (that's meant as a compliment). In fact, in a weird sort of way the best thing I can say is that "it doesn't look like it's MTM", meaning there's no single weird thing that tells the world this is clearly not a OTR shirt. So I'm cool with it.

never behind

United States
IN
Zionsville
I'm not usually the contrarian, but I think it looks good. My only nitpicks are personal choice issues. The cuffs seem big; I think with MTM you could get a more snug fit. Do I think it could fit closer overall? Yes, but it's a choice, and kudos to you for not having it shrink-wrapped on your body. It's maybe a touch generous, but it's uniformly generous (that's meant as a compliment). In fact, in a weird sort of way the best thing I can say is that "it doesn't look like it's MTM", meaning there's no single weird thing that tells the world this is clearly not a OTR shirt. So I'm cool with it.
No one wants to see a shirt shrink wrapped on me. I also think the cuffs are too big - need to come in a 1/4" or 1/2".

Matt S

Connoisseur
United States
NY
New York
No one wants to see a shirt shrink wrapped on me. I also think the cuffs are too big - need to come in a 1/4" or 1/2".

Perhaps not shrink-wrapped, but the fullness in the back is making you look bigger.