Frye Chukkas?

vasuvius

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
NJ
Glen Rock
I'm looking for a pair of casual chukkas/boots that I can also wear to work on bad weather days. Typically work shoes for me are AE, Alden. Dress code is business casual - dress pants/button down shirt.

These Frye Wallace Chukkas look pretty good for a decent to pair with jeans look. I'm thinking they'll pass muster for work wear on bad weather days. I work in a bank in technology and doubt most guys on the floor have shined their shoes in the past year, so, unlikely anyone will even notice. But, I do care whether these would look good with dress pants.

http://www.zappos.com/frye-wallace-chukka-dark-brown-oiled-suede?zlfid=191&ref=pd_sims_v_1

Also, anyone know where Frye is made?

Thanks, V

Stubbly

United States
East of Eden
Lakeview
I would avoid "orange" rubber soles for office wear. How will the oiled-suede uppers hold up to foul weather? I would go with full-grain leather uppers, instead.

Some Frye shoes/boots are made in America.

From Frye's website:

"We are sometimes asked why we only make some of our products in America, while we make many products in other countries. We source leather from the finest tanneries all over the world. Likewise, we carefully select manufacturing facilities globally, based on their specific strengths and handcraft abilities."

VaBeach

United States
Virginia
Virginia Beach
Have you considered galoshes? I invested in Swims overshoes and galoshes for those kind of days and I am very pleased with them.

vasuvius

United States
NJ
Glen Rock
The goal is to get something that is good for casual weekend wear and can double as office wear for bad weather days. Hence I'm looking at chukkas/boots and not galoshes or overshoes. If the weather is bad enough to require galoshes, it's just as easier for me to work from home.

amemovox

United States
CA
Fresno
Without discrediting your Frye choice, for the price, you may want to consider the Allen Edmonds Mojave.

A goodyear welted chukka with crepte sole. Very comfortable. Stylish too.

It will servce you well in inclement weather.

BTW, is $245 presently.