Flanderian

Connoisseur

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
Flanderian, this is truly weird and perhaps ironic, as well. In my minds eye, I had always pictured you as the real Jonathan Goldsmith, but then they sent him off on that flight to Mars...and you kept posting, much to our delight, here on AAAC! :eek:

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Which brings up the question of when does one get to begin geezing? I'm rather sure I'm there, turning seventy in April, but should I have been making more of an effort earlier? Surely I don't need to wait another ten!:eek2:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^LOL...
What is it that the wisdom of that old adage tells us...."you are only as old as you feel." That being the case, many are just out of diapers, but alas, perhaps soon to return to them! :eek:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Which brings up the question of when does one get to begin geezing? I'm rather sure I'm there, turning seventy in April, but should I have been making more of an effort earlier? Surely I don't need to wait another ten!:eek2:
"Some are born geezers, some achieve geezertude and some have geezertude thrust upon them!" - Malvolio

Remember the first time someone asked you at Wendy's if you wanted the "senior pricing?" The first time you demanded your $1.00 off at the movies and then gloated? The first time someone held the door for you? I remember all of these things with great fondness!

The knack is not to battle geezertude thereby only painting oneself as a pitiful comic figure, but rather to embrace it! The Buddha teaches a cheerful participation in all the absurdities of life. :chinese:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.