Going To An Interview At AE/BB

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by ErnstStavroBlofeld, Oct 3, 2018.

1. ErnstStavroBlofeld

ErnstStavroBlofeld Active Member with Corp. Privileges

UK
    Greater London
    Central
    Good Evening All,

I am going to a couple of interviews for a Part-Time Sales Associate position at Allen Edmonds and Brooks Brothers.

I was wondering what I should wear to this? It's over the weekends. Also, what should I say during the interview? As for both of these, I was going to wear their product (BB Blazer and AE Penny Loafers)? Or should I go more formal?

I'm excited to see where this goes!

Thank you in advance for the advice!

ESB,

2. smmrfld

smmrfld Super Member

United States
    California
    Pleasanton
    Neither chain has particularly well-dressed sales staff any more, so go with common sense.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson likes this.
  3. Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Mr. B. Scott Robinson Super Member

Karachi, Pakistan - Atlanta, Georgia
    United States
    Pakistan
    Karachi
    Bring your passion and let your clothes augment what is on the inside.

And be prepared to spend your pay on clothes purchased at deep discount. Sales associates who love clothes tend to be perpetually in debt to their employers. It's a bit of a trap.

Cheers,

BSR

SG_67 likes this.
  4. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    “You load sixteen tons, what do you get
    Another day older and deeper in debt
    Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
    I owe my soul to the company store”

jackmccullough and eagle2250 like this.
  5. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Wearing the BB Blazer and AE Penny loafers should be fine. As member B Scott Robinson intoned in a post above, let your passions for the products the respective vendors sell do your talking for you. A good understanding of what they offer for sale might prove to be to your advantage. Good luck with your interviews! ;)

medhat likes this.
  6. jackmccullough

jackmccullough Honors Member

United States
    Vermont
    Montpelier
    My mother told me that when this came out--Tennessee Ernie Ford's version--I really liked that song when it came on the radio. I would have only been two at the time, so my knowledge of the coal industry was well below rudimentary, but for some reason I would actually sing along every time.

eagle2250 and SG_67 like this.