Skipperino

Great Britain
Lincolnshire
Lincoln
I'm thinking of renewing my vows/having the marriage blessed (original ceremony was in a registry office) at some point in the future and want to wear morning dress (I wore uniform for the actual original ceremony), so the top hat would be a nice addition. As for the stroller, see previous posts about the 'stealth stroller'.

Skipperino

Great Britain
Lincolnshire
Lincoln
And I'm British, so the concept of morning dress is to some degree still alive over here, albeit mainly for weddings, as you're all no doubt aware.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
It just wouldn't work in the PNW. My club has 2-3 black tie events each year but other than that, if I walked down the street in either a stroller or daywear it would probably hit the evening news.
I can say, I almost resemble that remark, but frankly I haven't had the opportunity to attend a formal event since we left Hoosierville and settled in central Florida. I'm sure they must have such events down here, but not in the circles that I frequent. In any event, while I wear fedoras on a regular basis, I just can't imagine wearing a Top hat...even back in Hoosierville! :icon_scratch:

vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Indiana
Indianapolis
I'm thinking of renewing my vows/having the marriage blessed (original ceremony was in a registry office) at some point in the future and want to wear morning dress (I wore uniform for the actual original ceremony), so the top hat would be a nice addition. As for the stroller, see previous posts about the 'stealth stroller'.
Well, I think that would be very nice. I don't know what a stealth stroller is, but if you are going to wear a top hat with something less than full morning dress, grey is probably the best hat color choice as it seems to be considered a bit less formal. I hope it all goes well.

Hans