Having hard time finding a men's belt that fits

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Michael Marshall, May 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Michael Marshall

Michael Marshall Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Ohio
    Liberty Center
    I need some help here, Gentlemen. I am looking for a black dress belt that is of quality, rather than something which lacks durability, but I am running into a peculiar situation because many retailers that are in partnership with AAAC do not stock a belt that is my size in their men's inventory.

My waist size is not a typical men's waist size; I am a 28 waist when measured, but sometimes can make due with 30 waist pants if I have an undershirt and a tucked in shirt, yet need to wear a jacket or sweater to cover up some of the "flaw".

I have debated going to the boy's line to find a 28 belt, but my concern is that it will be constructed differently than a men's belt and will not fit correctly. Would my concern be justified here? Does anyone know where I could find a quality men's belt in my size?

2. winghus

winghus Senior Member

United States
    North Carolina
    Greensboro
  3. Michael Marshall

United States
    Ohio
    Liberty Center
  4. Andy

Andy Site Creator/Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Palm Desert
    Admin Post
    Michael Marshall:

Normally belt sizes are plus 2 of waist size. So a 30 inch belt should be perfect. ?? And the tongue goes into the center hole.

The buckle tongue should fit into the center hole (usually #3 since most belts have five holes) so that the tail ends up just past the first loop on your pants.

5. Matt S

Matt S Connoisseur

United States
    NY
    New York
    I have not found it to be the case that I need a belt that is sized larger than my waist. You only need to size up in a belt if your trousers are vanity sized, worn on the hip or if you wear very heavy trousers. With corduroy I need to make my belts one hole larger than with tropical wool.

6. Michael Marshall

United States
    Ohio
    Liberty Center
    Thanks, Andy...

7. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    These folks make and sell casual belts. They're all MTO, so you can order any size you wish.

https://www.elizab.com/all-belts.html

Their web page sizing selector starts at 30, but I suspect that's only because it is very uncommon for someone to be looking for one smaller. I have little doubt that they would be just as pleased to make you a size 28 if you prefer, though they normally suggest adding 2" to your waist size.

If you like any of these, you might wish to give them a call and ask about the sizing.

8. mikel

mikel Partner / Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Los Angeles
    Admin Post
    @Michael Marshall you may want to check out either holeless belts or elastic braid belts. Those may give you some sizing & style options that could work for you.

Just do a seach using your favorite search engine for those key phrases.

Keep us posted on your search and let us know what you wind up buying. Be sure to share pics too!

9. richard warren

richard warren Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Louisiana
    covington
  10. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast