DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
MA
Boston
1) lose the vest
2) lose the flower
3) straighten up the pocket square...TV fold!
4) lose the contrast collar shirt. A solid shirt if you have one. Blue is fine.

And last but not least....

5) work on your grammar. “I HAVE an interview” not “I GOT an interview”. No state of dress can make up for, or otherwise compensate for, poor grammar and language skills.

Good luck.
Thank you for sparing me from having to correct his grammar.

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
5) work on your grammar. “I HAVE an interview” not “I GOT an interview”. No state of dress can make up for, or otherwise compensate for, poor grammar and language skills.

Good luck.
And “the room HAS good lighting”, not “the room got good lighting”.

winghus

United States
North Carolina
Greensboro
Also I need the vest because even if the jacket looks good open, the buttoning point is too low and it shows when it is closed
The buttoning point isn't too low, it's about where it should be. The buttoning point on most of the current style in the RTW world is too high, along with two sizes too tight and the gorge sits on your shoulder like a pirates parrot.

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
The buttoning point isn't too low, it's about where it should be. The buttoning point on most of the current style in the RTW world is too high, along with two sizes too tight and the gorge sits on your shoulder like a pirates parrot.
I couldn't assess from the original photo if the button stance was too low. However, even if that was the case (and I agree, it may not be), wearing that dark vest as a reason to leave the jacket unbuttoned didn't seem quite right.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
Congratulations on getting hired! That's great news. Remember: arrive early, leave late, and let it be known you are always eager to assume more responsibilities.