• Staff

mikel

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Los Angeles
Please check out our latest article regarding how a wedding ring should fit on men.

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/lifestyle/mans-wedding-ring-fit/

Personally speaking, my wedding ring is a blend of tungsten & platinum.

upload_2019-4-9_12-19-24.png

On the inside of the band there is a hard to see engraving, with one part showing "TrewTungsten".

Over the last 15+ years of being married I've been up and down the weight scale (20lbs +/-). Thankfully, my ring has generally fit me well, though sometimes a tad loose, and other times a tad tight.

Since the ring cannot be resized, the jeweler provided a pretty generous policy of being willing to offer one free size replacement if I ever needed.

Not sure if that is common or not, but I thought it was a more than fair policy, and to be honest, unexpected.

Lastly, considering I rarely have the ring cleaned, it stays looking pretty good IMO.

If married, what kind of wedding ring do you have, and how does it fit?

Photos please :)

Last edited:

Matt S

Connoisseur
United States
NY
New York
Good article! My fiancee taught me a lot about rings since she is very passionate about jewellery. Like most men, I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to jewellery. We picked out a platinum band for me a few months ago and it fit comfortably snug, just as it is meant to fit.

I just tried it on again a few days ago and it was slightly loose, probably because my fingers were more swollen when I got the ring. Since my wedding will be in the summer, I don't want to resize the ring in case my fingers swell. My fingers tend to swell a large amount at any time of the year, but particularly in summer. Any any moment my bony fingers can turn into sausages. I'm a bit nervous about wearing a ring because of that, but running them under cold water calms them down.

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
When I lost 55 pds, I had to have my simple gold band with 2 lines engraved on it, resized. the machine compressed it and no problems with the engraved lines. the fit now, I guess I lost a bit more, a touch lose. life.

Kyle76

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
NC
Fayetteville
Are you sure it doesn't go through his nose?

• Staff

mikel

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Los Angeles
When I lost 55 pds...the fit now, I guess I lost a bit more, a touch lose. life.
The good news about looser fitting wedding rings, or any other ring, is that you can add a spacer (ring size adjuster) to tighten the fit some.

Clintotron

United States
Louisiana
Lake Charles
I don’t really wear one. For years they weren’t allowed in industrial sites—and for good reason.
I have an EXTREME aversion to having my blood pressure taken, due to the feeling of my pulse in my underarm. The silicone band I purchased has this same effect on my finger when swollen, and since they’re not manufactured in half sizes, I can’t wear one a size larger. It’d be too loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

richard warren

United States
Louisiana
covington
Now, if only someone would write an article about which shoe to wear on which foot, we’d all be up to speed.

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
The good news about looser fitting wedding rings, or any other ring, is that you can add a spacer (ring size adjuster) to tighten the fit some.
My wife bought one, can't stand it. I do not sleep with mine.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
image.jpg
Not a great picture, but you get the concept. Plain gold band. I put it on at 10:40 or so in the morning on July 12, 1975, and have never taken it off. So if it fits or not is outside of my control.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts