Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Michigan
Livonia
Gentlemen,

I appreciate your keen, astute observations. As always, thank you for your honest opinions. I’m retuning it tomorrow. Would you say it is likely that every jacket in this style would be the same, or maybe a one off defect?

Searching_Best_Fit

Canada
Ontario
Mississauga
Since you are going to return the jackets, allow me to comment on this jacket to you a bit more:

1. The buttons on the right front panel should be at the same distance from edge. The edge can be cut with a curve, but the buttons should follow the edge. I think, based on the pictures, the top button is further away from the edge than that for the lower button, and that creates the strange impression that @SG_67 found. This is apparent when both buttons are used, and it can be someone try to save alteration cost to move the top button to reduce waist a bit.

2. In your side view, did you notice that your front panels are dropped down further than that from the back panels? That is a forward tilted imbalance. You may find the same trait on many OTR jackets that you tried on because of your built. You may be leaning forward a bit when you stand, and probably not very straight. Of course this can be corrected through custom tailoring, but doing that over OTR could be tricky or not possible. Just keep this in mind.

mrm21711

United States
Ohio
Cleveland
I think the shoulders are a bit off as well as the chest. Looks a little too big and billowy in these pics IMHO

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
I would like to see him in the same jacket one size smaller since I think it is a tad large in the shoulders. Obviously, sleeves are a bit long, the button off (probably altered and returned). I think it could stand a bit of tapering in the sides. It's not a horrible fit, but imagine if the button is back to where it should be - it just looks kind of baggy. I think he would do better in a milano fit assuming one can be had that isn't too short.

Woofa

United States
Texas
Fort Worth
Above suggestions all sound great and I would just add for anyone posting pics to try and wear item with the normal clothing you will wear with that item. In this case, slacks with shoes and a dress shirt (maybe tie.). Will take a few more minutes but best you get opinions on how it actually fits in its proper environment.

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
I normally try on jackets with the appropriate clothes, but had just gotten home from a 10 hour shift, and have only had one day off this month.

My left shoulder slopes significantly, while at the same time my left hip is slightly higher than the right and my left left is a tad shorter. Another similar sport coat I bought from Brooks Brothers back in February, aside from getting the sleeves shortened, it didn’t need any other alterations. I have tried on a lot of Milano fit jackets, and they don’t fit me all that great, sizing up and down even. I ordered the jacket online because of the huge sale.

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
I would like to see him in the same jacket one size smaller since I think it is a tad large in the shoulders. Obviously, sleeves are a bit long, the button off (probably altered and returned). I think it could stand a bit of tapering in the sides. It's not a horrible fit, but imagine if the button is back to where it should be - it just looks kind of baggy. I think he would do better in a milano fit assuming one can be had that isn't too short.
I’m going to see if they have the same sport coat in a smaller size, but sadly my store moved into a smaller space at the mall, downsizing from two big floors to one, eliminating a huge amount of non suit items.

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
I am really grateful for everyone’s critiques, as I would have just gone in and asked for the sleeves to be shortened.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts