Mrs C

Starting Member
United States
OH
Smithville
My husband is chairman of committee hosting an Alumni awards dinner. It will be casual because immediately following is an outdoor college game. There will be lots of pictures of this event that I'm sure I will be in just as a straggler to my husband. I dont photograph thin. I dont want to wear Jean's and T simply because I feel an award dinner should be nicer but dont want to overdressed for the following sporting event. I am 5'3" and thick balanced build 36C hourglassish shape. I wear a size 10/12. I have no idea what to wear that's not either overdressed or underdressed that will photograph on well. Any advice would be welcome.

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Virginia
Alexandria
Sport coat, khakis or something else better than denim, pressed dress shirt, leather shoes.

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Palm Desert
Mrs. C:

Probably best never to wear "Jean's and T", and not just trying to be casual, but for your image, and respect for the college.

A dark dress or blouse and skirt wil work for both the Awards Dinner and game.

Mrs C

Starting Member
United States
OH
Smithville
I would never have thought of a dress or skirt for a lacrosse game. I will have to look around for one because the ones I have are either office wear or cocktail. Both of those I would feel overdressed.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
Mrs. C: Because--in your words--you "do not photograph thin" and you are "thick balanced," wear something dark below the waist. And because you are going to a lacrosse game, the dark garment should be trousers. What kind of trousers? Dark blue chinos. Not cropped, because that style flatters no woman, regardless of her build. The chinos should be neither tight nor billowy. You can find them if you shop around.

Mrs C

Starting Member
United States
OH
Smithville
Thank you for the reply. I will definitely look for chinos, in dark blue color.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts