Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
That is a most awesome photo! However, whenever I see photos like that I always think "none of these people have ever done a day's real work."
I have no idea about the other two (you may be quite right), but Ralph - from the articles I've read over the past 30 years and from a close friend who worked at Polo - is known as a very hard worker. He started Polo hustling ties from a suitcase and (at least until recently ) was very engaged in the day-to-day running of Polo - long hours, detail oriented on both design and finances, etc.

Also, the salesman I used for MTM, at the Madison Ave flagship, said Ralph traveled a ridiculous amount as he would "pop in" unannounced at stores all over the country and world regularly and, literally, go through the layouts, inventory and sales of the store. They said he knew his stuff - what was the new inventory, how it was moving, how displaying it differently mattered, what kind of sales that particular store should be generating, etc. He said this kept managers on their toes as, even though the odds were low, you never knew when Ralph might "pop in." And since Madison was in NYC and the flagship, he said Ralph was in the store often questioning, commenting, challenging, suggesting, etc. all the time.

Sincerely not picking on you, as I get the comment from the pic, and have no idea about the other guys, but at least from what I know, Ralph worked hard.

G

Guest-724616

I have no idea about the other two (you may be quite right), but Ralph - from the articles I've read over the past 30 years and from a close friend who worked at Polo - is known as a very hard worker. He started Polo hustling ties from a suitcase and (at least until recently ) was very engaged in the day-to-day running of Polo - long hours, detail oriented on both design and finances, etc.

Also, the salesman I used for MTM, at the Madison Ave flagship, said Ralph traveled a ridiculous amount as he would "pop in" unannounced at stores all over the country and world regularly and, literally, go through the layouts, inventory and sales of the store. They said he knew his stuff - what was the new inventory, how it was moving, how displaying it differently mattered, what kind of sales that particular store should be generating, etc. He said this kept managers on their toes as, even though the odds were low, you never knew when Ralph might "pop in." And since Madison was in NYC and the flagship, he said Ralph was in the store often questioning, commenting, challenging, suggesting, etc. all the time.

Sincerely not picking on you, as I get the comment from the pic, and have no idea about the other guys, but at least from what I know, Ralph worked hard.
They are his brothers, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 Rules on How and Wehen to Wear An Undershirt