Semper Jeep

United States
Michigan
Bloomfield Hills
@Peak and Pine When I walked into the back of the store (where I took the picture), the first comment they made to me was, “there’s a method to the madness.” It was impressive - they knew exactly where everything was located. “Can I try in a pair of cav twills?” They grab a ladder and boom, 3 pairs to try on.
Thank you for the photos and you/they are right, there is definitely a method to their madness.

I try to make it out there once a year or so (this reminds me that I need to renew my passport so I can cut through Ontario and head back over there again soon) and I was definitely overwhelmed on my first trip there about a decade ago but you can ask for anything and they immediately know where to find it, even old deadstock stuff that you might be looking for.

I've never been to Cable Car Clothiers in San Francisco but I imagine it to have a similar, maybe less cluttered, vibe as O'Connell's.

Parapraxis

Starting Member
United States
Minnesota
Minneapolis
Thanks for posting this. I have not ordered from O’Connell’s yet but know I will be in the future. I plan to start with some of their sweaters but see they have a lot to desire!

Greenshirt

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
FL
Ponte Vedra
Thanks for posting some pics of the store and the stocks they carry.

My interaction with O’Connell is through email
and online shop where I had the opportunity to buy the original Baracuta G9 jacket in British Khaki and Green, plus some ties and shirts. Ethan is indeed helpful as he walked me through.

Nice suit that you found. Traditional fit. You’re a lucky guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Thank you for the photos and you/they are right, there is definitely a method to their madness.

I try to make it out there once a year or so (this reminds me that I need to renew my passport so I can cut through Ontario and head back over there again soon) and I was definitely overwhelmed on my first trip there about a decade ago but you can ask for anything and they immediately know where to find it, even old deadstock stuff that you might be looking for.

I've never been to Cable Car Clothiers in San Francisco but I imagine it to have a similar, maybe less cluttered, vibe as O'Connell's.
Is a passport now required for a US citizen to pass through Ontario? :icon_scratch: We didn't used to have to do that!

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Is a passport now required for a US citizen to pass through Ontario? :icon_scratch: We didn't used to have to do that!
It's been that way since 911. Back around the time that the Department of Homeland Security was established.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Wow! Talk about being out of touch.''I guess I am! Thanks for the update. ;)

WA

Honors Member
United States
WA
Bellingham
Washington (not DC) drivers license can be endorsed for going back and forth. Coming back is the worst part. Seems like they would welcome US citizens back instead of treating us like criminals. Canada will take just about anyone. Especially if you say something about shopping.

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Washington (not DC) drivers license can be endorsed for going back and forth. Coming back is the worst part. Seems like they would welcome US citizens back instead of treating us like criminals. Canada will take just about anyone. Especially if you say something about shopping.
They probably thought you were bringing back some cannabis from B.C.

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Wow, what a great place. It was overwhelming - there was so much stuff just on the main floor. Ethan and the crew were great in helping me try on a large list of items. I happened to be in Erie, PA and the 4 hour round trip drive was totally worth it.

I’ve been pondering buying another suit. I’d love to hear thoughts on the fit. It seems to fit well off the rack with the normal adjustments. I wasn’t sure if the shoulders were boxy or not.

Nice to see nothing has changed a bit since I first went there around a decade ago. If anything, the piles seem higher.