eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Ya just have to love George Zimmer. Never cared much for Men's Wearhouse, but Zimmer was always a winner!

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
That is an interesting concept and I'm sure a win-win for everyone concerned. The customer gets connected to a professional, the professional is able to get business and Georgie makes money.

smmrfld

United States
California
Pleasanton
George Zimmer is a total mensch, and I hope he succeeds with his new venture.

espressocycle

United States
PA
Philadelphia
That is an interesting concept and I'm sure a win-win for everyone concerned. The customer gets connected to a professional, the professional is able to get business and Georgie makes money.
Hopefully it's a better deal for tailors than Uber is for drivers, but when see pie in the sky projections like $100K income coupled w/ a 35% commission, I'm skeptical. The biggest pitfall is that once the customer and tailor get acquainted, what's to prevent the tailor from working out a deal w/ the customer outside of Zimmer's service? It's not like Uber, where the app and network of drivers is the value of the product - nobody needs a tailor within 15 minutes at 2 a.m. because they're too drunk to tailor their own suit.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
That's a good point. Uber usage is much more random and opportunistic. I suppose one could form a relationship with an Uber driver, but it's not the same as a tailor.

At some point, things become static.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts