Old Road Dog

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Indiana
Indy
I read a posting yesterday in another forum citing a current rumor that Southwick was going out of the made-to-measure tailoring business. This would impact a number of the natural shoulder specialty shops still remaining, if true. It also could be misinformation or confusion with another brand. There has been mention in the men's apparel press that Brooks Bros. who has an interest in Southwick, is searching for a new owner and management.

Gempro2

Starting Member
United States
New York
Troy
I read a posting yesterday in another forum citing a current rumor that Southwick was going out of the made-to-measure tailoring business. This would impact a number of the natural shoulder specialty shops still remaining, if true. It also could be misinformation or confusion with another brand. There has been mention in the men's apparel press that Brooks Bros. who has an interest in Southwick, is searching for a new owner and management.
I was in J. Press in NYC this past Monday and was told that they will be transitioning from Southwick to another U.S. maker relative to MTM in the near future. I couldn't get the name of the new company out of the salesman that was taking care of me.

Old Road Dog

United States
Indiana
Indy
While there may be changes at Southwick, an account of theirs said Southwick is commtted to their customers, present and future. The poster cited in another forum was wrong about the demise of the brand.

G

Guest-481580

The salesman (Justin) did tell me that Press was retaining Southwick and the price point of the new vendor was about the same but the other company produced a "nicer soft shoulder". I was looking to have a corduroy sport coat made up but Southwick was not offering that option this season. I received the same response when I phoned Ethan at O'Connell's just before Christmas.

mrm21711

United States
Ohio
Cleveland
The salesman (Justin) did tell me that Press was retaining Southwick and the price point of the new vendor was about the same but the other company produced a "nicer soft shoulder". I was looking to have a corduroy sport coat made up but Southwick was not offering that option this season. I received the same response when I phoned Ethan at O'Connell's just before Christmas.
Sorry just want to clarify, OC is retaining Southwick?

Danny

United States
Maryland
Baltimore
So what is the best information we have, Southwick truly is ceasing to make all MTM clothing?

Steve Smith

United States
North Carolina
Newport
So what is the best information we have, Southwick truly is ceasing to make all MTM clothing?
My guess is that as long as Brooks Brothers offers MTM that Southwick will be manufacturing them. The question is whether Southwick will continue MTM for third party labels.

DCR

United States
MA
Boston
There is some incorrect information in the comments section of that article on Ivy Style. I just called the Factory store and they are open and still running the made-to-order program. I also inquired if MTM had been halted and the store manager said no.