Is the shoulder fit good?

Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Michigan
Livonia
51AC2370-AE69-445F-9CB6-E98EAB55179E.jpeg1A9C3F32-07EC-4C7C-A987-265276A00826.jpeg65E0F9BF-D5E5-4C6F-AF7E-5D886A9BAE92.jpeg
I haven't had the jacket altered or anything. I was a little skeptical about to do the shoulders.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
From what I can see, it looks fine. In the last pic, there’s a slight divot in the right shoulder but it may just have to do something with the way you’re standing.

What was your concern?

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
From what I can see, it looks fine. In the last pic, there’s a slight divot in the right shoulder but it may just have to do something with the way you’re standing.

What was your concern?
OK. Ask always, thank you. I thought it might’ve been just a little bit too big at first.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
It's an extremely good fit.

It's said that a jacket's shoulders shoud end where your actual shoulders do. And that's crap. A jacket's shoulders should end where ever you want them to. And I suggest using your head as a guide. (Why all fit pics posted without a head should be discounted.) The whole thing looks better in the first pic, because the second one is the Peter Dinklage view and it's only proper for him.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
The shoulders don't look bad, but it would be better if you would provide a photo in which your arms are reaching out perpendicular to your torso and another in which you are reaching straight up with both arms. Let's see how those shoulders behave when they are put to the test, not just when they are at ease.

Bonus points if you give us a shot of you doing a handstand.

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
I agree it looks decent. However, as noted there is a bit of a crease in the back on the right side. It does make one question if a smaller size would work better. If one's chest is well developed sometimes it is necessary for OTR to size up to get the chest to fit which makes the shoulders a bit big. It's also possible to size down to get the shoulders to fit better but then to let the chest out.

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
The shoulders don't look bad, but it would be better if you would provide a photo in which your arms are reaching out perpendicular to your torso and another in which you are reaching straight up with both arms. Let's see how those shoulders behave when they are put to the test, not just when they are at ease.

Bonus points if you give us a shot of you doing a handstand.
If I try to do a handstand, I will probably end up in the hospital.

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
Thank you gentlemen. I was a little bit skeptical for no reason. Much appreciated.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
^

Tongue and cheek meter's in the shop, so not really sure about the above.
I was kidding about the handstand, but I would have liked to assess the armholes and see how the shoulder pads behaved with outstretched arms. It's easy for the shoulders of a jacket to look agreeable when the wearer's arms are hanging down, limp and relaxed. If, however, the armholes are too large and/or the shoulder pads rise like a boat at high tide when the arms are lifted, then one has a deal-breaker on one's hands. (I know Jeff didn't ask about the armholes, but he should have.)