JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
Well the little clutch bag certainly doesn't help.
Part of the "look" apparently. I could bloviate about gender specific clothing but as SG 67 stated, I too am not looking to get banned for life. I think the point is clear - for those of us who like traditional men's clothing this outfit adds effeminate elements that are incongruous at best. (short sleeves, short pants, short jacket, and as you point out, the clutch). Ballers can get away with it (I guess?)

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Part of the "look" apparently. I could bloviate about gender specific clothing but as SG 67 stated, I too am not looking to get banned for life. I think the point is clear - for those of us who like traditional men's clothing this outfit adds effeminate elements that are incongruous at best. (short sleeves, short pants, short jacket, and as you point out, the clutch). Ballers can get away with it (I guess?)
I think its been said here before, but women's business clothing used to emulate men's (the 80's "power suit".) Now its the other way around. Its also my theory that its the reason all men's odd jackets are now called "blazers" in clothing stores and several fashion blogs. Because that's what women's odd jackets tend to be called.

cosmotoast

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I guess it's just the modern thing for celebrities and Hollywood elite to dress as idiotic and as tasteless as possible. I've never seen an outfit this ridiculous looking in my life.

fishertw

United States
North Carolina
Boone
Perhaps in Bermuda.(but then again- I've never been to Bermuda, and if this was the norm, I don't think I'd want to go.)

paul winston

Advertiser
United States
new york
new york
Back in the 60s my father and Josh Tonkle, who was the chief honcho at Haspel, created the "shacket" - a natural poplin suit where the jacket had short sleeves and the trousers were shorts. To call it a failure would be kind. The saving grace was they had cloth held aside to make standard sleeves and regular trousers.
Who ever liked what you were wearing would have liked the "shacket".
Paul Winston
www.chippneckwear.com

Dhaller

United States
Georgia
Atlanta
"I can't believe Tiffany and Chad are having an underwater ceremony. What can I wear which will be stylish and dressy yet form-fitting and compatible with SCUBA gear?"

- "I'm glad you asked. Come with me!"

DH

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts