Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
I own or, at some point, have owned some version of #2 & #3 in multiple coats, scarfs, sport coats, suits, trousers, socks, sneakers, wool shirts and wool ties (and bet I'm missing one or more items). If I wasn't going to be cremated, I'd ask for my casket to be lined in grey herringbone (eff'em, I'm dead, let them figure out how to make it happen).
6e2cf80994c39f8ee34400064da84681.jpg

Clintotron

United States
Louisiana
Lake Charles
I own or, at some point, have owned some version of #2 & #3 in multiple coats, scarfs, sport coats, suits, trousers, socks, sneakers, wool shirts and wool ties (and bet I'm missing one or more items). If I wasn't going to be cremated, I'd ask for my casket to be lined in grey herringbone (eff'em, I'm dead, let them figure out how to make it happen).
View attachment 31252
Have your urn made with some like those Harris Tweed flasks available on Etsy from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Have your urn made with some like those Harris Tweed flasks available on Etsy from time to time.

I like that idea - why not, as I said, what the h*ll, I'm dead, let someone else worry about making it happen.

Clintotron

United States
Louisiana
Lake Charles
Don’t forget to have it treated with Scotchgard. Never know when Fido may choose to desecrate the late FF. Haha

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
I like that idea - why not, as I said, what the h*ll, I'm dead, let someone else worry about making it happen.
Just make sure your post-cremation instructions are clear.

My Uncle Nick was cremated. (Fortunately for him, he was dead at the time. I don't recommend pre-death cremation unless you're unusually adventurous.)

Uncle Nick's sister, my Aunt Phyllis, made the arrangements. His ashes were supposed to be scattered somewhere--I don't know where.

Shortly after the cremation, a package is delivered to Aunt Phyllis' home. Uncle Barry, her husband, calls Aunt Phyllis at her part-time job:

"There's a package for you."
"I didn't order anything. What is it?"
"I'm not sure, but I think it's your brother."

And it was indeed Uncle Nick, paying one last visit. Aunt Phyllis got everything straightened out.

Uncle Barry is no longer with us, but Aunt Phyllis, at age 93, is still going strong. She still works part-time because she likes having things to do.

Every Tuesday she eats breakfast with a group of Republicans. Then every Friday she has breakfast with Democrats. There's a lesson there somewhere.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
⇧ Kidding aside, I couldn't care less what happens to my body when I'm dead. If it wasn't that my girlfriend cared, I'd be fine being tossed out with the day's trash. It's not a statement - I just don't care / have no emotion or feeling for it at all.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
View attachment 31252
The picture above is as emotionally cruel to those like me regarding the Tweed conundrum whith which I must struggle, as are the elaborate meal pictures member Flanderain posts in the Red Meat thread, as I struggle with a never ending diet! LOL. :(:crazy:

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
Hopefully I make sense, loopy from the pain (acetaminophen not doing a thing and can't get anything stronger until 20:00).

Three days of being in the 60s with clouds and very windy, tired of being cold, so couple days ago found on eBay tweet pants and hopefully here Friday, so the weather will turn warm. :p Ha. Original price $28.89 with free shipping, though since an option to offer, did at $21.67.

Podiatrist this morning, so got out my warmest tweed suit and wore that. Figured pictures or didn't happen. Oh and after a member pointed out, been combing the mustache at least once if not twice a day, slowly getting where supposed to. Did get complements on my outfit today.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts