Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
^

Interesting. Well made. The pattern is tattersall, like the shirt. But unlike the shirt, and most tattersalls, one of the two striping colors is more dominant than the other, way more dominant. Unusual, to me. Will have to think about this. I'm leaning toward liking.

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
I was preparing a little something for the Photos For No Good Reason thread entitled The Day The Japanese Discovered Chucks, when I noticed madame is wearing a skirt of the same pattern as the Chan vest posted above.

fcb7c14fad5ae30d317d33b6f5370839.jpg

So now I've seen this pattern twice. Since tattersall consists of two-color stripes forming overlaping squares, and the pattern here and in the vest are rectangles, there may be another name for this. My knowledge of pattern names is similar to my knowledge of Portuguese.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Grey Herringbone Shetland Tweed Jacket from Tweed Addict
View attachment 47662
View attachment 47664 View attachment 47663
Nice tweed! Normal reservations concerning cuts and wearing pertain. :( I think the lass is the best turned out of the bunch! 👍

A cloth maker known for it's flannels is getting into the tweed business.

They've a nice small selection. I wonder if they weave the tweed themselves, or get it from other mills. There's plenty of tweed to still be found in the UK.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Beautifully made of gorgeous tweed, but the cut makes me want to throw it to ground and stomp on it for such a waste of fine cloth and skilled making Will the Brit's ever abandon the dinky lapels and shoulder top gorges!?
:pic12337:
It's so extreme here that it almost feels 1920s.

But it has one of my favorite little details of all - suit pants with a button fly.