Bandit44

United States
NC
Charlotte
As long as I’ve been wearing Johnston & Murphy, I’ve always associated the brand with the Aristocraft balmoral. So I was intrigued when I came across a pristine condition pair of LWBs labeled as burgundy calf. After doing a series of searches, I've turned up relatively little information on J&M longwings. There are a few old posts advertising these shoes for sale, but the pictures were deleted. Kind of like the Loch Ness monster; there have been reported sightings, but evidence of existence remains scarce.

After UPS dropped off the package yesterday, I can confirm that Nessie is the real deal. The shoe are exquisitely made in #8 shell cordovan and have the same familiar last of the Aristocraft bal. I'm interested in finding out more, so I've emailed J&M for manufacture info. The model # is 7463 208N. Hyperbole aside, is there anyone else here that owns a pair of J&M longwings?

g.michael

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
OK
Tulsa
Those look awesome!!! J&M--where oh where have you gone?

The J&M last shape and the AE #7 do so much better justice to the LWB than the Alden Barrie last. But Alden has all the cordo colors.:icon_headagainstwal

g.michael

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
OK
Tulsa
D'oh!! You're right--looking at the pics closer confirms it.

Bandit44

United States
NC
Charlotte
Nice shoes but alas not shell.
I fear you may be right. There are ripples all over the shoes, the area around the shoelaces is puffy, but there are a few creases in the toe box that look suspicious. For $60, not a bad deal, but if not shell, this was no slam dunk either.

J&M contacted me today letting me know that they are researching the details of the shoe.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts