Danny

United States
Maryland
Baltimore
Am I missing something, they sent out an email about the fall blazers and here is the worsted wool one which claims '3 button sack model' and there's a photo of a blazer with darts. ??

Danny

FiscalDean

United States
WI
Elcho
As noted by fishertw not too long ago, J Press terminology has not been accurate of late.

Danny

United States
Maryland
Baltimore
Why would they sell a darted blazer anyway?

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
MA
Boston
I thought the Fall & Winter Brochure was very well done this season. The website is sorely lacking details however.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
I thought the Fall & Winter Brochure was very well done this season. The website is sorely lacking details however.
I think they need help. When the doeskin blazer first appeared the website didn’t say what it was. I asked if it were doeskin or flannel. The website promptly changed to identify it as doeskin.

And today it’s gone.

Lovely things in the catalogue are not shown on the website.

Wow.

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
⇧ Spot on. Love the brochure and it motivated me to go to the website, which - as you note - was disappointing as it didn't have all the clothes from the brochure and its layout and descriptions were not up to the standard of the brochure.

Last edited:

Danny

United States
Maryland
Baltimore
I agree that the fall brochure was pretty nice.

Eligius

Starting Member
United States
Tennessee
Nashville
Something has been different recently. Ever since the website redesign (including telling you how many of an item are left and what someone is buying at that moment), there have been problems. Many of the new spring/summer and fall/winter jackets do not list the materials used or where it was made. I was excited a few years ago when they moved from S. Cohen to Empire. It was pretty easy to tell what you were getting: made is USA = Southwick, made in Canada = Empire, imported = from their Asian factories. On a separate note, the merchandise has also been less consistent. I bought chinos from their summer sale, and they had the shortest rise of any pants I have ever had from J Press. Sadly they were non-returnable due to the markdown.

nb8790

United States
VA
Arlington
Something has been different recently. Ever since the website redesign (including telling you how many of an item are left and what someone is buying at that moment), there have been problems. Many of the new spring/summer and fall/winter jackets do not list the materials used or where it was made. I was excited a few years ago when they moved from S. Cohen to Empire. It was pretty easy to tell what you were getting: made is USA = Southwick, made in Canada = Empire, imported = from their Asian factories. On a separate note, the merchandise has also been less consistent. I bought chinos from their summer sale, and they had the shortest rise of any pants I have ever had from J Press. Sadly they were non-returnable due to the markdown.
Their suits are still quality and if you go to a store or call, they can tell you the maker. Newly added suits are made by Empire at the lower price point and by Southwick at the higher. I have noticed some issues with seasonal sportcoats - the seersucker jackets from this summer had shoulders I wouldn’t call natural and were over-large for their size. I can’t speak to shirts/trousers except to say this spring/summer’s madras shirts seemed very nice in-store, though I didn’t try them on. Everything is certainly too expensive for what it is, at least at retail price. I prefer O’Connell’s, with the exception of the deep discounts J. Press gives at their end of season sales.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
I haven't paid much attention to Press in a few years. Their prices are much higher in many categories than they were less than a decade ago. For example, I purchased some argyles perhaps 8 or 9 years ago, and they were $26, as I recall. Now $42! Run of the mill sport jackets now almost a thousand! Has their merchandise massively improved?

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts