Mox

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
NY
Rochester
I tend to use the "New Posts" feature, so I failed to note that the other July Acquisitions thread resides under the Trad heading. I thought I would start a version for acquisitions of a different sort and post this more appropriately.

11850986_1_x.jpg11850986_4_x.jpg
I came across these on an auction site. The misspelled name in the auction title brought to my mind a mass-produced, cheap manufacturer, but just glancing at the shoes in the wide view, I knew that was not the case. After seeing the maker-stamp on the insole picture, I did some research and discovered I was right. I was the only bidder and was able to obtain the lot at the minimum bid (about the price of a pair of J&M).

Yesterday I received my two pair of Nikolaus Tuckzek shoes with a shoe travel bag that holds six pairs of shoes. The left side metal shoe tree stored in the black shoes is stamped "N. Tuczek", while the cedar trees in the suede shoes are labeled "Miller". There is also a pair of knit shoe bags labeled "Hartmann".

The shoes are too small for my size 10.5 feet (around a 9, I would guess), which is probably a good thing, as I'd be really tempted to wear the beautiful suede pair.

Not a bad find, I think.
Tuczek info: http://www.classicshoesformen.com/s...gue-slipper-master-nikolaus-tuczek-circa-1950

Last edited:

Mox

United States
NY
Rochester
I also have my first pair of AE coming from eBay: burgundy Sanfords. I am looking forward to receiving and wearing these.

Sanford-bourbon.jpg

Last edited:

MRMstl

danielm

United States
Ohio
Cincinnati
These are the last few days worth of finds, some trad and some not.
Ties left to right: 5 Brooks Brothers Makers, Hickey Freeman, LRL, PRL, vintage Rooster, Robert Talbott handsewn. Borsalino Alessandria fedora. Vintage Allen Edmonds "Scott" wingtip bluchers with v-cleat. And a Brooks Brothers houndstooth tweed suit.

danielm

United States
Ohio
Cincinnati
All thrift. Wingtips and tweed count :) but I only wanted to make one post. And I just realized, the red/white/black striped tie before the yellow Hickey Freeman is a Zegna. Picked all of that for a total of $45.