Snow Hill Pond

Advanced Member
United States
NJ
Morristown
My Top 10 Food-Related Minor Luxuries (other than White Castles)

Great topic. Lot's of potential for diving in deep...

1. Selecting a bottle of (aged, but not terribly expensive) bordeaux from the cellar to have with Christmas dinner.
2. Blue crab omelets on the morning after a day of crabbing with the kids.
3. An ice cold Yuengling on the back deck on a summer afternoon after mowing the lawn...and then having another.
4. A USDA prime porterhouse steak (medium-rare), asparagus drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and a half-bottle of Ramey cabernet sauvignon at the Morton's Steakhouse near Chicago O'Hare while travelling alone.
5. Leaving an unexpectedly huge tip at a restaurant when traveling and imagining the look of surprise on the server's face.
6. Buying, cooking, and eating just-picked New Jersey sweet corn in late summer.
7. Breakfast with the family at the Watertable Restaurant (Renaissance Hotel, Baltimore) with a view of the inner harbor on a clear sunny day.
8. A flame-broiled O'round and Guinness at Lynaugh's (Lexington, KY) with college buddies you haven't seen in over a decade.
9. Having breakfast with the kids every Saturday morning at a diner where the waitress smiles at you and has coffee ready for you before you are seated.
10. Real southern-brewed, ice cold sweet tea.

WouldaShoulda

Suspended
United States
VA
Alexandria
2. Blue crab omelets on the morning after a day of crabbing with the kids.
3. An ice cold Yuengling on the back deck on a summer afternoon after mowing the lawn...and then having another.
6. Buying, cooking, and eating just-picked New Jersey sweet corn in late summer.
Also try leftover crab cake on an English muffin and fried egg on top.

Put them on ice before you begin. Rolling Rock will also do.

Don't forget the tomatoes!!

phyrpowr

Honors Member
United States
North Carolina
Charlotte
Full "wet shave": silvertip badger brush, superlather (soap and cream) whipped to perfection, my antique Rolls Razor, and, being retired, plenty of time in the AM to savor it.

loarbmhs

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
CA
Los Angeles
I read somewhere that Jerry Lewis wears a new pair of socks everyday, and then throws them out. A luxury--and a waste--if you ask me.

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
You're going to laugh, but I'm totally serious: Lunch at White Castles (4 sliders, crinkle cut fries, and a diet coke). When the nearest WC is 35 miles away, it certainly is a luxury.
I love White Castle, haven't had that in a while.

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
nice comfy slippers
good sleeping bed
watching a funny show

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts