drlivingston

Connoisseur
United States
of
America
I concur with the hot shave. I also enjoy a good hour-long massage (legitimate, non-asian). Fried green tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe near my house. There is little better than a new, fine pair of over the calf socks to make you feel like a million bucks. They just seem to make your shoes fit that much better. Shaver and I share an affection for the American Crew Pomade. It is simply superior to the other products. One of my favorite minor luxuries is valet parking, even when I need the exercise. Renting a convertible for the weekend (because I am far too practical to purchase one.) And of course, 365 Everyday Value all-natural root beer from Whole Foods.

DarkDestiny

Starting Member
I'm surprised no one has mentioned being able to talk about one's interest with another on forums :p

Perhaps that's a major luxury though..

VictorRomeo

Food: my absolute favourite breakfast in the world is as follows...

Two soft boiled eggs - from a local farm where the hens are truly free-range. Sourdough toasted soldiers with Kerrygold Irish butter. A pot of loose leaf breakfast tea - I'm most fond of Harrod's Heritage Blend No.49. Heaven. After, perhaps something sweet like some macaroons from Ladurée(their Bergamot macaroon is divine) or a slice of my wife's fruit loaf.

Note: I believe the French design classic that is the 'Salem' teapot by Guy Degrenne makes - by a long way - the finest pot of tea known to humanity....

Last edited:

Haffman

UK
Oxon
Oxford
Lots of great luxuries to be had here and nice to see some gastronomic ones too...

I've just remembered another one, having a nice hot soak in the bathtub rather than a frenetic shower -- cleanses the body and the mind

I read an interview with designer/film director Tom Ford who said he has 3-5 baths a day and when feeling particularly stressed can be known to have one an hour ! :icon_smile:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Just yesterday I picked up a fourth replacement for a windproof, pop-up , briefcase sized Totes umbrella that I originally purchased sometime in the early to mid 1990's. It came with a, perhaps ill advised, lifetime guarantee that the company has steadfastly honored over the ensuing 18 to 20 years. Not bad for a $15 umbrella? Legendary customer service, I believe, constitutes one of life's minor luxuries!

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
Just yesterday I picked up a fourth replacement for a windproof, pop-up , briefcase sized Totes umbrella that I originally purchased sometime in the early to mid 1990's. It came with a, perhaps ill advised, lifetime guarantee that the company has steadfastly honored over the ensuing 18 to 20 years. Not bad for a $15 umbrella? Legendary customer service, I believe, constitutes one of life's minor luxuries!
That is an incredibly impressive level of service!

VictorRomeo

More food: This time, a simple piece of fresh fish makes one of my favourite meals....

Some Lemon Sole, gently fried, or if available some Dover Sole baked on the bone. Served with a beurre noisette and some crushed new potatos and scallion. Best washed down with a crisp unoaked white and eaten outside with sea air to fill your lungs.

While I have a great appreciation and love of complex cuisine and flavour, I believe that good ingredients, cooked well and presented simply, is one of lifes great luxuries. The luxury is to take the time to source great produce and take the time to prepare them the right way. I eat very little - unless unavoidable - processed produce.

Last edited:
Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts