Like Allen Edmonds 65 last but wider in the waist?

marlinspike

Advanced Member
United States
VA
Hampton
I have hard to fit feet because of an accessory navicular. In fact, a rep from Alden corporate after first saying she was sure she could fit me declared Alden has no last that will fit me after trying on several shoes. As a result I always wore Cape Cod horse bit loafers because they are readily crush to fit, but they are no longer made.

The AE 65 last in 13 EEE comes very close, except that it is far too narrow in the waist. It doesn't cause me real pain (most shoes do) but it is destructive to the shoe as my foot will crush the upper to hang off the side of the sole in that area.

Is there anything in the sub 500 price range that will fit similar except with that one change?

mreams99

United States
Ohio
Marysville
I have hard to fit feet because of an accessory navicular. In fact, a rep from Alden corporate after first saying she was sure she could fit me declared Alden has no last that will fit me after trying on several shoes. As a result I always wore Cape Cod horse bit loafers because they are readily crush to fit, but they are no longer made.

The AE 65 last in 13 EEE comes very close, except that it is far too narrow in the waist. It doesn't cause me real pain (most shoes do) but it is destructive to the shoe as my foot will crush the upper to hang off the side of the sole in that area.

Is there anything in the sub 500 price range that will fit similar except with that one change?
Perhaps try a 14E in the 511, 1943, or 201 last. If you can get just a slightly better fit, perhaps you could spot stretch the one area.

marlinspike

Advanced Member
United States
VA
Hampton
Perhaps try a 14E in the 511, 1943, or 201 last. If you can get just a slightly better fit, perhaps you could spot stretch the one area.
So the issue isn't stretching the upper, my foot takes care of that. My issue is i need the sole to be wider in that part.

mkrgk

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
CA
San Ramon
Sounds like a different last and construction might be better. Try the Leeds in 3E width. It has a broader profile and the sole extends outward a lot more too.