IT_cyclist

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Indiana
Bloomington
^^A memorably handsome pair of new kicks.
May you long wear them and may you do so only in good health! ;)
Billy Crystal's "Fernando" said "It is better to look good than to feel good." But I must say, the above example is proving to be among the most comfortable of all the footwear choices in my closet.

Oscar098

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
virginia
blacksburg
They were on sale for $220 and I couldn't resist. by feminine I meant they wouldn't look out of lace on a girl. But I suppose that's how chelseas are supposed to be.

immanuelrx

Belgium
Hainaut
Jurbise
Because my last few days can be likened to a an addict relapsing, I will continue this post as such.

Hi everyone, my name is Chris, and I am a shoe addict. Before yesterday I was doing very well. I had not made a shoe purchase since 2017.

Saw an Enzo Bonafe brown suede double monk in my size and on sale by my dealer (Skoaktiebolaget). I had to get them. Being content with my rotation, I had been clean for the past 3 years.

But then yesterday happened.

First i was just interest in a replacement to my AE walnut suede Katmai chukkas. I’ll probably just resole the Katmais instead, but it won’t hurt to look. Before I knew it I was pulling the trigger on the Lof & Tung Cole in mahogany country calf.

Now I find myself frequenting the shoe websites looking for my next fix. I need help!

Seriously though, I have been content on shoes, but the recent L&T purchase has awakened the beast. I will post pictures when they arrive next week. I have not been in purchase mode since 2017, so these last few days has been learning how good L&T is, especially for the price point. Something tells me it won’t be my only purchase from them.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Because my last few days can be likened to a an addict relapsing, I will continue this post as such.

Hi everyone, my name is Chris, and I am a shoe addict. Before yesterday I was doing very well. I had not made a shoe purchase since 2017. Saw an Enzo Bonafe brown suede double monk in my size and on sale by my dealer (Skoaktiebolaget). I had to get them. Being content with my rotation, I had been clean for the past 3 years. But then yesterday happened. First i was just interest in a replacement to my AE walnut suede Katmai chukkas. I’ll probably just resole the Katmais instead, but it won’t hurt to look. Before I knew it I was pulling the trigger on the Lof & Tung Cole in mahogany country calf. Now I find myself frequenting the shoe websites looking for my next fix. I need help!

Seriously though, I have been content on shoes, but the recent L&T purchase has awakened the beast. I will post pictures when they arrive next week. I have not been in purchase mode since 2017, so these last few days has been learning how good L&T is, especially for the price point. Something tells me it won’t be my only purchase from them.
There are so many of us who share your pain when it comes to our seemingly constant unrequited desire for that next pair of shoes, but fear not and enjoy those new kicks. May you long wear them and may you do so only in good health! ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY

Hi everyone, my name is Chris, and I am a shoe addict. Before yesterday I was doing very well. I had not made a shoe purchase since 2017. Saw an Enzo Bonafe brown suede double monk in my size and on sale by my dealer (Skoaktiebolaget). I had to get them. Being content with my rotation, I had been clean for the past 3 years. But then yesterday happened. First i was just interest in a replacement to my AE walnut suede Katmai chukkas. I’ll probably just resole the Katmais instead, but it won’t hurt to look. Before I knew it I was pulling the trigger on the Lof & Tung Cole in mahogany country calf. Now I find myself frequenting the shoe websites looking for my next fix. I need help!

Well, don't feel too bad, I guess I'm an addict-by-proxy as I couldn't even wait for yours to arrive to see what they look like, so I went to the L&T site and found they look like this:
Lof-_-Tung-Cole-15510-Mahogny-Country-Calf-S-Last-1.jpg

Those are beautiful Chukkas my friend - enjoy and wear them in good health.

There's a good chance that many of us here at AAAC are some level and type of clothing addict. For me, at 55, I've become much less so as I don't enjoy owning more clothes than I can wear and, since I've WFH since '12 (and even many of the biz events I go to now are casual or biz casual), I have a closet full of all-but-unworn biz clothes.

To be sure, for the first few years of WFH, I did increase my purchases of casual and nicer casual clothes, but one only needs so many clothes to sit around the house staring at a computer as it just wasn't fun to buy more stuff to wear in the house or to run an errand.

Hence, I buy, what - I don't know - 10% (heck 5%) as much clothing as I used to. But here's the thing, I wish I had a reason to buy more as it was fun and exciting - as you are excited - to get and wear new stuff. So as long as you don't break your budget - enjoy your purchases, like your beautiful new boots.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders

Hi everyone, my name is Chris, and I am a shoe addict. Before yesterday I was doing very well. I had not made a shoe purchase since 2017.

Saw an Enzo Bonafe brown suede double monk in my size and on sale by my dealer (Skoaktiebolaget). I had to get them. Being content with my rotation, I had been clean for the past 3 years.

But then yesterday happened.

First i was just interest in a replacement to my AE walnut suede Katmai chukkas. I’ll probably just resole the Katmais instead, but it won’t hurt to look. Before I knew it I was pulling the trigger on the Lof & Tung Cole in mahogany country calf.

Now I find myself frequenting the shoe websites looking for my next fix. I need help!

PIX!! PIX!! PIX!!