Oscar098

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
virginia
blacksburg
I have some Dovers in Chestnut Utah and the leather is incredible. Super soft and comfortable. Not weather resistant though.
Hmm, Swedes designing a non-weather resistant pair of boots? Strange. Does this mean the leather is damaged by water?

I think I'd get a pair of CS Jodhpurs for now.

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
Utah leather is dreamy stuff. My Utah / suede Galways are just ridiculously comfortable. If I could remotely rationalize another pair of brown derby boots, I'd grab these in a heartbeat. A VERY compelling offering for the money, IMO.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Anyone here has bought their shoes? They don't look stylish but look sturdy nonetheless.
Lof & Tung vs Carlos Santos. L&T's sole sticks out a little too much for my taste.

Thanks for bring these folks to my attention, I'd never heard of them. They make some classically handsome footwear!

Lucido

Ireland
Munster
Limerick
Great looking boots but I agree that the welt could be trimmed a little closer and I'd have preferred them without the storm welt, even if it meant sacrificing a little weather resistance.

CLTesquire

United States
NC
Waxhaw
Hmm, Swedes designing a non-weather resistant pair of boots? Strange. Does this mean the leather is damaged by water?

I think I'd get a pair of CS Jodhpurs for now.
The leather just kind of sucks up moisture. It’s apparent when polishing the shoes too...it just sucks up the cream polish. Country calf is a much more weather resistant grain. Zug would probably be one of the best.

momsdoc

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Ocean
Utah leather is dreamy stuff. My Utah / suede Galways are just ridiculously comfortable. If I could remotely rationalize another pair of brown derby boots, I'd grab these in a heartbeat. A VERY compelling offering for the money, IMO.
Agreed. Except size 9 was sold out by the time the email notice arrived.

Not that I was tempted.:D

Oscar098

United States
virginia
blacksburg
Now that this is sold out do you recommend a similar pair of boots from another brand?

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
I'm quite tempted by these grain Chelseas as a versatile casual option. It could likewise benefit from a more trim outsole, but that really doesn't trouble me much on a casual boot.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts