Oscar098

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
virginia
blacksburg
What about these:

I'm quite tempted by these grain Chelseas as a versatile casual option. It could likewise benefit from a more trim outsole, but that really doesn't trouble me much on a casual boot.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
What about these:

What about them?

I’m not a huge fan of jodhpurs. They always look great until I try them on. My pants leg keeps getting caught up in them and it just leaves an odd silhouette at my leg.

Oscar098

United States
virginia
blacksburg
Good to know. Is the price difference with CS Chelseas justified?

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
Those Jodhpurs are okay - I don't love them, and can't really say much negative about them, either. Jodhpur is a style of boot that's really hard to get right, and unlike chukkas, derbies and even Chelseas, I've rarely come across a moderately priced pair of Jodhpurs that gets close enough to really right to inspire a purchase. I have two pairs of Jodhs - by G&G and Bonafe - and both are pretty terrific.

I'm not sure exactly what the price difference is between the L&T and CS and can't comment on justification as I have yet to handle a pair of L&T in person. I'v been very happy with all three of my pairs of CS. I've read reports that the material quality is a bit better with L&T and expect that will prove to be true. Hopefully I will be in a position to form my own opinion before long, but I'm waiting for the full array of Skoak boot offerings to hit the market this season.

Lucido

Ireland
Munster
Limerick
Being a man of modest means, the Herring (Loake) George Jodhpur is on my autumn shopping list.

Oscar098

United States
virginia
blacksburg
My size suddenly became available and I ordered a pair. Fingers crossed. I'm doing one for the group! The sole does not seem to support the arch as much as CS shoes.
As a minimalist I had difficulty justifying the purchase but then I realized Redwing boots cost $320 so...

StephenRG

Honors Member
United States
New York
Merrick
I own, and am a fan of, Justin Fitzpatrick's Genesee jodhpur boot.

The navy version is on clearance sale atm for £215 exc VAT.

Oscar098

United States
virginia
blacksburg
Just received them. They remind me quite a lot of the Beckett Simonon pair that I sent back: the glue smell, the protruding sole and the look of the leather. Not sure how much I like them.

Oscar098

United States
virginia
blacksburg
Another similarity with B.S. is that the left one is tighter (near the ball of my foot) than the right, which is unusual.
DSC03717.JPG

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts